Fox news...fair and balanced? ha!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

da loser

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ornery
Biased is one thing, but lying is another. I'll stick with the FACTS on Fox.

lol, do you have that link copied and pasted? the only thing i hate about fox is people like sheppard smith and co. they're like little chihuahuas trying to get their jabs in. although i think in their effort to support a right-view doctrine, they give a voice to the extreme left, which i think is pretty funny. I always wonder where they find these wackos or that colmes guys. That guy has to be the most hideous face on TV, barring that women who looks like the beast from that tv show beauty and the best, also on fox...

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Fox is a perfect example of successful marketing.

Fair and balanced...lol.

If you say something over and over.....some people will believe anything.

CNN is the fairest of the big 3 in the USA.

MSNBC used to be my favorite....but they have succumbed a bit to the conservative pressures in the media today.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
I have always loved cheerleaders.. :D

Beats all you frowning cry babies who want to stomp your feet because the US is taking action that the majority of the UN lacks the courage to do WITHOUT YOUR PERSONAL PERMISSION OMG! THE HUMILITY!. IMHO

gil11542

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2000
CNN has been caught several time making false reports, here is an example that cuts close to the bone for some of you read this. As far As I know in America we still have news uncensored, If anyone believes that if CNN had some dirt that they could stick to BUSH and the Pentagon said it cant be seen that they would listen aqnd not report it is CRAZY, they are licking there chops hoping to find something. Also in America As Far As I know we still have a choice in what news source we watch and as far as which is the best well lets let the ratting prove that. BYE BYE CNN.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
CLEANING HOUSE AT CNN
  • CNN and Time Magazine's admission that they broadcast and published false reports, claiming that the U.S. military used poison gas in Laos during the Vietnam War, represents the most blatant example of a much deeper problem...

da loser

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: gil11542
CNN has been caught several time making false reports, here is an example that cuts close to the bone for some of you read this. As far As I know in America we still have news uncensored, If anyone believes that if CNN had some dirt that they could stick to BUSH and the Pentagon said it cant be seen that they would listen aqnd not report it is CRAZY, they are licking there chops hoping to find something. Also in America As Far As I know we still have a choice in what news source we watch and as far as which is the best well lets let the ratting prove that. BYE BYE CNN.

lol, you're bitter because bush didn't win by a far enough margin? are you telling me that when people see bush is losing by 5,000 votes and those people want bush to win, they're not going to go out and vote for Bush? as far as ratings, i think fox will win, because there's so many cynical people like you. it just happens that cynical right wingers listen to others through various media, and the cynical left wingers go to protests and teach-ins.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Knock CNN all you want, some of it is deserved. That still doesn't change the fact that Fox News is the Most Subjective Cable News Org in the business. Are they entertaining, well beisdes the 3 Morons they have on in the Morning , yes. Are they Fair and Balanced? Ahaha of course they aren't.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: LH
The same thing can be said about CNN and MSNBC before Fox took a strangle hold over cable news. They were so blatantly left leaning it wasnt funny.

Hume
Smith
Gibson
Cavuto

They are the four best anchors on cable news IMHO. Hannity is more of a politician, and probably soon will be in 2006.
Arian Brown is better than they are and so is Paula Zahn.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Tates
Knock CNN all you want, some of it is deserved. That still doesn't change the fact that Fox News is the Most Subjective Cable News Org in the business. Are they entertaining, well beisdes the 3 Morons they have on in the Morning , yes. Are they Fair and Balanced? Ahaha of course they aren't.

Name calling gets you nowhere. In a logical argument, evidence is required.

I expect better from you Red.
You want evidence, turn on Fox News at 6 in the morning and you will realize when I say "Three Stooges" I'm not name calling, I'm aptly describing the Trio of Airheads Fox has on in the morning. Cathy Lee Gifford or Kelly Rippa look like Einstien in comparison to those goofs.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
American First, Journalist Second
By Neil Cavuto Friday, March 28, 2003
  • I knew this was bound to happen: An irate journalism professor calling me a disgrace to my profession.

Since my response is not polite, I won't use this guy's name. But I will tell you he teaches at an Ivy League school.

Now, let me quote:

• "Mr. Cavuto, please remember you are a journalist. You're supposed to be impartial. Your obvious support of U.S. and coalition troops and your rah-rah patriotism is an insult to hard-working reporters everywhere. You have no right having a show and even less right calling yourself a journalist."

Well, professor, get over it.

You might have a problem thanking troops defending your right to be the obnoxious, pontificating jerk that you are, but I don't.

You might have reservations about calling this country great, but I don't.

And you might have doubts about showing your partiality to the flag, but I don't.

There's nothing wrong with taking sides here, professor. But there's everything wrong with you not even making the distinction. I can love my country and my job at the same time. It is possible, you know.

You see no difference between a government that oppresses people and one that does not, but I do.

You see no difference between soldiers who use women and children as shields, but I do.

And you see no difference between forces trying to liberate a country and those keeping it in the Stone Age, but I do.

I'm not sure what runs through your veins, professor, but something tells me it's ice. Too cold to appreciate the rights you take for granted. And colder still to acknowledge the men and women fighting for your right to be the callous elitist you are.

So am I slanted and biased? You damn well bet, professor.

I'm more in favor of a system that let's me say what I'm saying here than one that'd kill me for doing the same thing over there.

You have the right to be the self-absorbed, condescending imbecile you apparently are and I have the right to tell you that. You didn't give me that right, professor. My country did.

You say I wear my biases on my sleeve. Well, better that than pretend you have none, but show them clearly in your work.

You're a lie, a fraud and an ingrate. Too clueless to appreciate the country that gives you the right to be the Ivy League intellectual Lilliputian you are. And too selfish to be grateful that in this country, even your type can find work.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Neil Cavuto is an ass.

He was denouncing unions in general awhile back and was referring to his younger days when he worked in an assembly line.

The problem with his deception was that the plant he worked for was a non-union one.

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
You want evidence, turn on Fox News at 6 in the morning and you will realize when I say "Three Stooges" I'm not name calling, I'm aptly describing the Trio of Airheads Fox has on in the morning. Cathy Lee Gifford or Kelly Rippa look like Einstien in comparison to those goofs.

Lets see. One is a weatherman, one was a sports reporter, and the other one is a good looking chick. What do you expect.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Two Sides to Every Story
By Neil Cavuto, Monday, March 03, 2003
  • When's the last time you saw media coverage of a rally for war against Saddam?

I'll save you the trouble: next to never. And that despite 10,000 gathering in Cleveland this past weekend, another 10,000 marching in Houston and thousands more in places like Nashville and Tulsa, Oklahoma. Patriotic Americans all, who said simply war isn't good, but ignoring Iraq is worse.

What I want to know is, save FOX, where was the coverage of these rallies? Where were the networks? Again, I'll save you the trouble: nowhere.

It wasn't worth their time, I guess.

But I will bet you this: Two guys with a placard and a bullhorn protesting war -- that they'd cover in a nanosecond!

All I'm saying is let's be fair. And let's be real.

Cover the protesters. Cover the protesters protesting the protesters. That's all.

I'm not asking my colleagues to do the impossible. I'm just asking my colleagues to do their job.

There are those out there who don't trust the United Nations. Cover them.

There are those who don't flip over France. Hear them.

And there are those who know a thing or two about despots and what they can do. Talk to them.

They're not all nuts. Come on out of your ivory towers and chat with them. You might learn a thing or two.

Get over your biases. But first, get over yourselves.

gil11542

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2000
da loser, I am not BITTER, Tom Dashle is BITTER, H. Clinton is BITTER, Sen. Byrd is BITTER, Most of hollywood is BITTER. I am far from BITTER as I wait for PREZ BUSH's next 4 years. I like many others stood behind this Country and its president when Clinton Bombed some asprin factory of Sadams. I see signs saying PEACE IS PATRIOTIC NOT WAR, IMHO this is false. Standing behind your President, Troops, and Country is how I describe Patriotic actions. And even though WAR is a Horrible thing it is responcible for The begining of this country, Freedom of the SLAVES, Liberation of Europe (which the French forgot), the fall of the IRON CURTAIN, Liberation of Kiwait, soon to be the freeing of the Iraqui people and many others. NOW if people want to protest WARS they need to think where we would be if no one stood up for what is right and was willing to fight to the death for it.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

That's it?

That's the best you can do?

I prefer a logical response, not a subjective answer.

As I posted earlier, I agree with Red Dawn on this; you really have to watch these three FOX anchors in action to see their lack of acumen and professionalism in action. Watching them, you get the impression that they talk because they like to hear the sounds of their own voices. It's hard to be objective without directly analyzing a recording of their broadcast.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The only time I watch fox news is with the sound off and Laurie Dhue is on. I like to watch her lips move and, well, you know, dream.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

That's it?

That's the best you can do?

I prefer a logical response, not a subjective answer.
Yes that's the best I can do. That said I haven't seen you do any better. So you disagree with me about those 3 Morning anchors on Fox News?

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
The only time I watch fox news is with the sound off and Laurie Dhue is on. I like to watch her lips move and, well, you know, dream.

:D Her and Heather Nauert. FOX could do a playboy issue...

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Crimson
Gee, us conservatives get one news station and the liberals are freaking out... good..

i think rush will balance anything out ....

did you read the book "What Liberal Media?"

he pretty much says the media is liberal .... like 20 years ago.

i have yet to see one station that for 2 hours a day beat on the right even if they ( the right ) didn't deserve it.

look at cheney did you know that he is still being investigated for when he was ceo of haliburton ??

even google can't find a updated document that is less than 9 months old... google

left my a@@

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Gee, us conservatives get one news station and the liberals are freaking out... good..
I watch Fox, I like Cavuto, I like O'Riely though I don't always agree with him and when I want to watch a little patriotic Pro American News Broadcasting Fox fullfills that for me! Fair and Balance? No. Enjoyable? Yes!...except for those 3 stooges in the morning:)

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I watch Fox, I like Cavuto, I like O'Riely though I don't always agree with him and when I want to watch a little patriotic Pro American News Broadcasting Fox fullfills that for me! Fair and Balance? No. Enjoyable? Yes!...except for those 3 stooges in the morning:)

Then again, this shows the problems with the information age in which we live as I have found out myself.

News isn't supposed to be enjoyable, just the truth. Even so, opinions is all I hear on Fox, not news.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
"...opinions is all I hear on Fox, not news."
rolleye.gif

Friday, March 28, 2003
  • Allied troops and Iraqi fighters traded heavy tank and artillery fire throughout the day Friday in the southern city of Nasiriyah. Several buildings, including a power plant, were ablaze in the city, the southern entrances of which have been dubbed "Ambush Alley" by coalition forces.

We'll get the latest news from our FOX News global team of correspondents and analysis from:

• ? Retired U.S. Army Lt. Col. Tim Eads
      ? John Ringo, former paratrooper and author
      ? Ellen Ratner, FOX News contributor
      ? Jim Pinkerton, FOX News contributor
      ? Steve Greer, former Green Beret
      ? Shimon Peres, former Israeli prime and foreign minister
      ? Retired U.S. Army Maj. Gen. Don Edwards