Fox news...fair and balanced? ha!

seawolf21

Feb 27, 2003
'Die-ins' target war and news media

...Fox News had its own response to the demonstrators. The news ticker rimming Fox's headquarters on Sixth Avenue wasn't carrying war updates as the protest began. Instead, it poked fun at the demonstrators, chiding them.

"War protester auditions here today ... thanks for coming!" read one message. "Who won your right to show up here today?" another questioned. "Protesters or soldiers?"

Said a third: "How do you keep a war protester in suspense? Ignore them."

Still another read: "Attention protesters: the Michael Moore Fan Club meets Thursday at a phone booth at Sixth Avenue and 50th Street" - a reference to the film maker who denounced the war while accepting an Oscar on Sunday night for his documentary "Bowling for Columbine."

The protesters said Fox's sentiments only proved their point: that media coverage, in particular among the television networks, is so biased as to be unbelievable...

Aceshigh

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2002
Haha, thats pretty funny stuff.

Hey, its only fair that Fox is biased towards the right. Just about every other media outlet is leftist-leaning. CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, you name it.

Now we have a media outlet with our viewpoint and the left-wing doesn't like it. Well, too bad. CNN, MSNBC, etc all proclaim their coverage to be fair and objective, and it almost never is.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
i like fox becuase they are bias and ballsy.

cnn is for neo hippies and the left overs from the original hippie movement.

FOx just helps balance the scales.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Aceshigh
Haha, thats pretty funny stuff.

Hey, its only fair that Fox is biased towards the right. Just about every other media outlet is leftist-leaning. CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, you name it.

Now we have a media outlet with our viewpoint and the left-wing doesn't like it. Well, too bad. CNN, MSNBC, etc all proclaim their coverage to be fair and objective, and it almost never is.
During this conflict CNN and MSNBC are as big as Flag Wavers as Fox. Also in fairness not all of the Fox Anchors and reporters are idiots (at least not like the 3 stooges they have on in the morning)

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
CNN is crap and that is given. Having said that, Foxnews makes CNN look like an objective and unbiased news source. Hell, it makes Al Jazeera look objective and unbiased!!!

I am simply at a loss of worlds to describe how awful foxnews is. Their name should be Foxentertainmentfordumbassesdisguisedasnews.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Fox is as biased our way as al Jazeera is toward the opposition............................

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Their "fair and balanced" slogan is what annoys me more than anything. Don't pretend to have goals that you don't have. They obviously don't even try to present both sides of an argument in an equal manner. They'll might bring up the opposing side so all the anchors can band together and deride it.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Also in fairness not all of the Fox Anchors and reporters are idiots (at least not like the 3 stooges they have on in the morning)

I agree. Those guys are so retarded they're unwatchable. They have no idea what they're doing and no idea what they're talking about, and have no business being on the air.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Tates
CNN is crap and that is given. Having said that, Foxnews makes CNN look like an objective and unbiased news source. Hell, it makes Al Jazeera look objective and unbiased!!!

I am simply at a loss of worlds to describe how awful foxnews is. Their name should be Foxentertainmentfordumbassesdisguisedasnews.

It's hard to feel any sympathy for your opinion when it is so biased unto itself. Oops, you're from Canada. Now it makes sense.

rolleye.gif

Since when is stating the obvious called bieng biased?

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000

Come on, you can do better than that.
rolleye.gif

I don't need to do better.

Just watch Foxnews for 10 minutes, then turn to the BBC for 10 minutes and you'll see what I mean.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak

Come on, you can do better than that.
rolleye.gif

I don't need to do better.

Just watch Foxnews for 10 minutes, then turn to the BBC for 10 minutes and you'll see what I mean.

What if you would get sick long before watching foxnews for even a few minutes....10 minutes?!?! C'mon man...have a heart! :D

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
FOX is definitely ridiculous . . . but I bet their ratings have picked up. The typical American wants good news more than they want the truth. FOX is definitely the undisputed champion cheerleader . . . sycophants like Aaron Brown can't hold a candle to our brightest stars at FOX.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
My 2 favorite unbiased reporters are sheppard smith and Sean Hannitty

Bleep

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Bleep
My 2 favorite unbiased reporters are sheppard smith and Sean Hannitty

Bleep

You are suppose to use a Smiley or a Wink emoticon to let everyone know you are joking so they don't take you for a fool!

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002
The same thing can be said about CNN and MSNBC before Fox took a strangle hold over cable news. They were so blatantly left leaning it wasnt funny.

Hume
Smith
Gibson
Cavuto

They are the four best anchors on cable news IMHO. Hannity is more of a politician, and probably soon will be in 2006.