Fox News calls Moore's new film

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Sicko!

? Filmmaker Michael Moore?s brilliant and uplifting new documentary, ?Sicko,? deals with the failings of the U.S. health care system, both real and perceived. But this time around, the controversial documentarian seems to be letting the subject matter do the talking, and in the process shows a new maturity.?

I applaud him if what is said is true that he even takes Hillary to the cleaners for taking money from the broken Health Care system after she was supposed to be fighting them.

In related rich fat guy news:

Loving thy enemy

Mr. Moore has given his nemesis at moorewatch.com $12K to pay his wife's medical premium. I hope Moore keeps his fat trap shut, and sits quietly knowing he helped someone that needed it, and doesn't turn it into a "haha" moment.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The guy could always send it back...IF it did come from MM...which it sounds like it did...ungrateful puke...

Jun 27, 2005
Wow... What an ass.

I don't care how much he hates MM there are only two proper responses to this.

1. Mail it back if it upsets you that much.
2. Accept it for what it is and say "thank you".

But this public display is just asshattery.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Wow... What an ass.

And we here at AT certainly know asshattery when we see it!! ;)

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
Wow... What an ass.

And we here at AT certainly know asshattery when we see it!! ;)

We all have Ph.Ds in spotting asshattery. We even have our own classification program for defining the degree of asshattery. Our asshattery detection skilz are so refined that on occasion, no matter our political leanings, we instantly recognize an asshat and have no choice but to agree (which temporarily throws the universe into chaos). If it weren't for party politics the universe as we know it might very well implode as a result of this phenomenon.

:p

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
The guy could always send it back...IF it did come from MM...which it sounds like it did...ungrateful puke...

I would. It'd be akin to a tree hugger taking a check from ExxonMobil.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Pabster

I would. It'd be akin to a tree hugger taking a check from ExxonMobil.
You'd let your wife die of cancer?

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

You're trying to juxtapose two completely independent issues.

Personally I would use something called savings to pay for it. Or perhaps get a loan? I sure in the hell wouldn't take money from the people I've despised.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

You're trying to juxtapose two completely independent issues.

Personally I would use something called savings to pay for it. Or perhaps get a loan? I sure in the hell wouldn't take money from the people I've despised.
That's your pride talking. To elevate your pride over the health of your wife is foolish. What Moore did was anonymous, he wasn't looking for any fanfare. The prudent thing for that guy to do was just keep his mouth shut about it. Moore wasn't asking for his praise or even his thanks and because he did it anonymously he wasn't asking for the guy to stop crticizing him.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
That's your pride talking. To elevate your pride over the health of your wife is foolish. What Moore did was anonymous, he wasn't looking for any fanfare. The prudent thing for that guy to do was just keep his mouth shut about it. Moore wasn't asking for his praise or even his thanks and because he did it anonymously he wasn't asking for the guy to stop crticizing him.

No, it's something called principle.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003

How brave of you to stand by your principles when your wife suffers the consequences.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Farang
How brave of you to stand by your principles when your wife suffers the consequences.

I'd do the same if it were myself. Feel better now?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

No I feel sorry for you, your wife and any children you may have. I just hope that a time never comes when you have to decide between your principles and the lives of your loved ones or yourself.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: judasmachine
Sicko!

? Filmmaker Michael Moore?s brilliant and uplifting new documentary, ?Sicko,? deals with the failings of the U.S. health care system, both real and perceived. But this time around, the controversial documentarian seems to be letting the subject matter do the talking, and in the process shows a new maturity.?

Fair and balanced ;)

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
From reading the links it sure looks like MM uses this story and gift to end his new movie. I think both parties involved have used the other for $$ gain so neither should be bitter or angry at this point.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002

Now I just think you're being stupid, but you think you're standing against something, even if that something is mana from heaven. I pray Buddha you or your loved ones never get sick and the only doctor around happens to be a democrat.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
I was almost put into a similar situation last year. My wife had cancer, couldn't work for 6 months, and our bills were mounting. We picked the best hospital and surgeon for her type of cancer, but it was out of network, we were looking at medical bills of $40k+. Our only recourse was her father, who I do not have a great relationship and whose "generosity" always comes with strings attached. I almost had to face that tough situation where you don't want to owe somebody a debt of gratitude, but should because it's the best decision. Luckily my wife found a loophole in our insurance and we only had to pay out ~5k.

Pabster can say what he wants, when it comes down to getting the best care and not ruining your life and having to accept money from somebody you don't neccessarily like, you take the money.

MM gave it to him Anon. it should have stayed that way. From what I have read MM isn't a terrible guy, people just don't like his messages. Separate the two and realize that just because somebody has a position you don't like doesn't mean you can't like the person, especially if they are more than willing to help you out and be a friend in other situations.

If MM now uses it for publicity, that's his decision. Especially after this d-bag outed the situation, called MM out, and then had the audacity to act like it was terrible. To me MM has free reign to now use it for his own publicity.

If this guy was truly against getting money from MM he should immediately gather as much money as possible and donate it to a cancer charity, tapping out whatever means (CC, loans, ...etc) possible to push that money away. Then he can go back to letting his pride get in the way of reason.

And you wonder why people like me are so against the current "republican" mentality. Pride commeth before the fall.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The decent thing to do is say "thank you". That doesn't mean you can't ever speak out against someone you don't like again, but if someone gives you $12,000 to help save your wife from cancer, be an adult and thank the man.

All this idiot has shown is that he's so caught up in hating Michael Moore that he can't even accept more then ten thousand dollars to help his wife without hating it. Everyone complains that people on the left are too busy hating Bush to recognize that every once in awhile he does something that's good (however rare it may be), this guy is guilty of the same thing.

When you spit in someone's face for giving you money to save your wife from cancer, you are a very special kind of douchebag.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

No, it's tomehing else that you mistaken call principle, as you know little of principle as far as I see.

Principle would allow the two of them to be two human beings where the wealhy one helps the poor one with a medical bill, while they disagree on a political issue of healthcare etc.

Since you don't have the principles related to people caring for one another that way apart from politics, you have this 'total war' mentality where he can't take the help.

That's typical of the hate-based right-wing politics so bad for our countryy.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Now I just think you're being stupid, but you think you're standing against something, even if that something is mana from heaven. I pray Buddha you or your loved ones never get sick and the only doctor around happens to be a democrat.

I pay for my health care, thanks. :laugh:

Originally posted by: LegendKiller

Pabster can say what he wants, when it comes down to getting the best care and not ruining your life and having to accept money from somebody you don't neccessarily like, you take the money.

To each their own. Every situation is different...

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy
The decent thing to do is say "thank you". That doesn't mean you can't ever speak out against someone you don't like again, but if someone gives you $12,000 to help save your wife from cancer, be an adult and thank the man.

All this idiot has shown is that he's so caught up in hating Michael Moore that he can't even accept more then ten thousand dollars to help his wife without hating it. Everyone complains that people on the left are too busy hating Bush to recognize that every once in awhile he does something that's good (however rare it may be), this guy is guilty of the same thing.

When you spit in someone's face for giving you money to save your wife from cancer, you are a very special kind of douchebag.

Brilliant move by MM. He proves his point in his movie using his nemesis as an example of how screwed up the american health care system is.
And now this guy is in a position of having to be gratefull to MM...

Priceless.

boredhokie

May 7, 2005

I pay for my health care, thanks. :laugh:

Originally posted by: LegendKiller

To each their own. Every situation is different...

Lets hope nothing happens to your job then! I'm guessing negatory with your personality, but if you do have a wife and kids then I hope they aren't so insecure to refuse help if they ever need it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
What's the shocker here? Corporate America desperately wants the public to come around to universal health care and have the public pay their health care costs for them. In economics, this is known as "externality," and what every corporation dreams of making happen with all their costs. Think of it as like going out to an expensive dinner and one of your buddies insists on getting the check.