Fossil watches and their wristbands

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
A small piece of the wristband on my four year old Fossil fell off and won't stay on anymore. For those wondering, it's the piece that holds the watch "together" so that it stays tight on your arm.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can buy their metal wristbands so that I don't have to buy them through a jeweler? I just know they will want to charge me some astronomical price for it's repair... so I figure I should see if I can find the wristband somewhere else.

Thanks

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
AHHHHH Mine did the exact same thing. It's the Fossil Titanium blue watch and it's the little metal nub that the metal band thingy clamps down on. It broke off.

Feb 10, 2000
The part that failed is the clasp on your watch's bracelet. Frankly I wouldn't bother getting that bracelet repaired when you can just get a quality replacement bracelet for $30-40 (assuming your watch doesn't have some kind of goofy proprietary bracelet). Alternatively you could remove it and replace it with a leather strap for somewhat less money.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
Originally posted by: dabuddha
AHHHHH Mine did the exact same thing. It's the Fossil Titanium blue watch and it's the little metal nub that the metal band thingy clamps down on. It broke off.

YES!!! DAMN IT!!! I was so furious when it fell off :mad; I just want it fixed :( I don't want a new watch :(

Originally posted by: DonVito
The part that failed is the clasp on your watch's bracelet. Frankly I wouldn't bother getting that bracelet repaired when you can just get a quality replacement bracelet for $30-40 (assuming your watch doesn't have some kind of goofy proprietary bracelet). Alternatively you could remove it and replace it with a leather strap for somewhat less money.

I really do like the metal wristband :) And yes, I'm looking for a replacement bracelet, not to repair it... I just don't want to have to buy the stupid bracelet through a jeweler because they will charge me up the @$$

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
I just called them and they said that they will replace the crystal, the wristband, and give me a new case all for $25 :shocked: And the $25 includes the shipping to come back to me.

That's just crazy :confused: What a good deal...?

Feb 10, 2000
You can purchase an aftermarket bracelet at The Watch Prince or Lone Star Watches, among many others. This assumes your watch is stainless steel and not titanium - you will have a hard time finding a matching aftermarket ti bracelet. You will also need to measure the lug width (i.e., the distance between the posts the bracelet is mounted to). Most likely the lug width will be 22mm or 20mm. One of those little watch kiosks at the mall can install and size the new bracelet (I do this myself, but it's probably not worth your buying tools for this purpose).

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: pOwder
I just called them and they said that they will replace the crystal, the wristband, and give me a new case all for $25 :shocked: And the $25 includes the shipping to come back to me.

That is indeed a really good deal. I'm surprised they don't just give you a new watch, though - the work and parts to replace these parts is probably more expensive for them than just replacing the entire watch.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001

Crazy deal. Go for it!

I :heart: Fossil.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: DonVito

That is indeed a really good deal. I'm surprised they don't just give you a new watch, though - the work and parts to replace these parts is probably more expensive for them than just replacing the entire watch.

His watch is most likely out of production, that's why they don't replace it outright. Fossil likes to refresh their line up at least once a year.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Yeah I just called and they said for the $25, it'll cover the band,crystal, battery, bevel, case, clasp, and shipping and handling.

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
I'm going to get everything repaired on it LOL.

Hell why not? Jesus it's only twenty five bucks!

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: dabuddha
Yeah I just called and they said for the $25, it'll cover the band,crystal, battery, bevel, case, clasp, and shipping and handling.

I don't care for Fossil watches (though in all fairness I don't care for nearly any quartz watches), but I will give credit where it's due: this is a great deal and great customer service, particularly considering that these are relatively inexpensive watches to begin with. This service would cost $150, minimally, on any watch I own (and that assumes the case is just being refinished rather than replaced), including watches that cost less than $150 in the first place.

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Have you tried going into a Fossil store and see if they can fix it? I don't know what their policy is for beyond normal maitenence, but battery changes and resizes have always been free for me (no receipt even)