Forza Horizon 4 is on Steam.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
But its full price and frankly not worth it, as old as it is.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Requires xbox account? hard pass. Why can't i just buy the game install it and play like it was in old days?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Requires xbox account? hard pass. Why can't i just buy the game install it and play like it was in old days?

I guess if you havent been paying attention for about 10 years you wouldnt know this but,

the industry likes having control over what you play and how you play it. they think it keeps them profitable. it doesnt.

I prefer GOG. They let you download a giant installer and run it. No DRM. No nonsense. And aside from a handful of very old games, it usually works without trouble.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003

It is a multiplayer game. Even if you don't do any live multiplayer all the races use real peoples drivatars.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
In fact if you lose internet access the game refuses to run at all, even if you were planning on solo play.
I dont like it as much as the older games. They had better actual racing. As the series progresses they add more cars but the racing itself is less fun.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
In fact if you lose internet access the game refuses to run at all, even if you were planning on solo play.
I dont like it as much as the older games. They had better actual racing. As the series progresses they add more cars but the racing itself is less fun.

Works for me offline, just tried it. I don't care that much about racing. I like FH4, though I think FH3 setting is nicer, and the Hot Wheels DLC is fun. I hope they do FH5 in Japan.