News Former Special Agent in Charge of the FBI New York Counterintelligence Division Charged with Violating U.S. Sanctions on Russia

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Insults work better if you actually spell them right.
Yes cause that is def not a typo on my part, you got nothing old caveman.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
ELFenix said "but hildawg killed seth rich!" bringing up a change of subject, i merely asked a similar question that i find interesting.
Sarcasm is not a change of subject. He also did not ask a question. Why do you always defend your dumbass posts, with such blatant stupidity?

Last edited:

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
That is one of the funniest damn things you've ever posted. Along with the sycophants that actually agreed with you.

Reading your posts, Fox News would get a woody knowing their propaganda works. Only they could convince someone that the FBI, full of conservative agents, headed by only Republicans (even Dems pick Republican FBI Directors), is somehow a liberal institution out to get Republicans. This propaganda is dangerous.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Reading your posts, Fox News would get a woody knowing their propaganda works. Only they could convince someone that the FBI, full of conservative agents, headed by only Republicans (even Dems pick Republican FBI Directors), is somehow a liberal institution out to get Republicans. This propaganda is dangerous.

I've always had the impression that the FBI has a conservative culture (in contrast to the pointy-headed liberals, albeit with a neo-con streak, of the CIA). Goes back to Hoover, I suppose. But compared to local police departments it does seem that the FBI are less rabidly right-wing, less likely to be actively quasi-Nazi. Maybe simply by virtue of being 'Federal'?

(Actually, maybe it's all simply a function of the level of formal education required for the different organisations?)

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
@pmv - I would suspect it’s the education and personality requirements that are the biggest difference

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I've always had the impression that the FBI has a conservative culture (in contrast to the pointy-headed liberals, albeit with a neo-con streak, of the CIA). Goes back to Hoover, I suppose. But compared to local police departments it does seem that the FBI are less rabidly right-wing, less likely to be actively quasi-Nazi. Maybe simply by virtue of being 'Federal'?

(Actually, maybe it's all simply a function of the level of formal education required for the different organisations?)

FBI is rabidly conservative. This isn't a secret.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
FBI is rabidly conservative. This isn't a secret.

Seems to me it depends what you are comparing it with. On the one hand, weirdo J.Edgar's paranoid form of anti-communism seems as if it embedded conservatism into its culture (e.g his determination to 'get' MLK), but on the other hand, it has also warned about the infiltration of local police departments by the far-right, and has occasionally been less racist than those local PDs (which isn't saying much, though, as some of the latter have resembled branches of the KKK).

Similarly, the CIA, while firmly anti-communist, seems to be more socially liberal (and maybe a bit more reality-based than the Pentagon, from what I remember reading of its more pessimistic reports about the Vietnam war). Both of which traits came out in its sponsoring of abstract expressionism - a policy intended as anti-communist but which seemed to end up upsetting the socially-conservative right.

It's just vaguely interesting how different parts of the state apparatus tend to have slightly-different cultures (e.g. NAOAA at one time being more sympathetic to climate-change denial than NASA)

Reactions: hal2kilo