Former GOP Rep. Tom Coleman: Trump, Pence are illegitimate. Impeach them

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Wowsa! This is going to send Hair Furor over the cliff... OK, yet another cliff. Coleman is calling his election "illegitimate" and we all know how proud Forrest Trump is of his MAGA victory. I'm sorry to report that more popcorn may be necessary.

According to the redacted Mueller report, candidate Donald Trump, along with members of his team, on multiple occasions welcomed Russian interference on his behalf during the 2016 presidential campaign. For example, the report details a meeting between the Trump campaign chairman and a Russian intelligence asset where polling information and campaign strategy were shared.

While Mueller did not find sufficient evidence that Trump or his campaign had violated a criminal statute, the net effect was that the Trump campaign encouraged a foreign adversary to use and misrepresent stolen information on social media platforms to defraud U.S. voters. Because the presidency was won in this way, the president’s election victory brought forth nothing less than an illegitimate presidency.

Just be happy it isn't take a drink every time bad news dropped this week for Felonious D... you'd be dead.

ETA: Oh yeah, if this does happen then say hello to President Pelosi. :D

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
One thing is clear: Trump remains their savior, and that will never change. All this is FAKE NEWS!

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
So far, there is 1 elected Republican, out of 50 Senators and 198 Representatives, who aren't openly supporting fascism by remaining silent.

Wake me up when the Republican Party, as a whole, condemns fascism.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Russia's hand in the 2016 election isn't in debate, it's a matter of fact. That interaction also affected both campaign and administration appointments as well as agenda, see Ukraine. When you include an external player in the game the outcome is illegitimate. Trump the Taint(ed), and he did it with republican cowardice behind him.

I wonder if more republicans are going to get progressively more desperate the closer we get to the election. This ship ain't sunk yet. There's no explaining away Trump's obstruction, and working with Putin should be inexcusable for anyone who calls themself an American. I imagine more people are going to want to hop out of the way of that as we near the election.

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
So far, there is 1 elected Republican, out of 50 Senators and 198 Representatives, who aren't openly supporting fascism by remaining silent.

Wake me up when the Republican Party, as a whole, condemns fascism.

Keep in mind he's a former representative... and sadly, that seems to be the modus operandi. They tend only to criticize Trump when they're out of office since they're too worried about falling out of line with the GOP and its hardcore base. I suspect you're going to hear considerably more "never liked the guy" statements from Republicans in the next few years, especially if Trump is voted out in 2020.