Forget about getting rid of Assad, It's all about provoking war with North Korea

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-navy-korea-idUSKBN17A0V5

Trump seems intent on getting as many americans killed as possible in his next grand adventure to inevitable failure.

My prediction: The north Koreans sink one of these ships for fun and we get a shooting war with NK. 50/50 odds on whether SK and Japan get Nuked. I'd say LA/Seattle are 1/10.

Fun Fact: North Korea is known to possess more than a dozen nuclear weapons and the most advanced active chemical weapons program in the world. They are also the only nation to ever use VX nerve agent on civilians or in foreign countries. They maintain the 4th largest army in the world and are extremely well trained and capable. They will kick our fat american asses unless we go all X-Day with 5 million man invasion. Good luck selling that to the public.

DisarmedDespot

Jun 2, 2016
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-navy-korea-idUSKBN17A0V5

Trump seems intent on getting as many americans killed as possible in his next grand adventure to inevitable failure.

My prediction: The north Koreans sink one of these ships for fun and we get a shooting war with NK. 50/50 odds on whether SK and Japan get Nuked. I'd say LA/Seattle are 1/10.

Fun Fact: North Korea is known to possess more than a dozen nuclear weapons and the most advanced active chemical weapons program in the world. They are also the only nation to ever use VX nerve agent on civilians or in foreign countries. They maintain the 4th largest army in the world and are extremely well trained and capable. They will kick our fat american asses unless we go all X-Day with 5 million man invasion. Good luck selling that to the public.
Erm, I think Trump is an idiot and all, but that's just a liiiitle bit alarmist. A war on the Korean peninsula would be a bloody affair for all involved - but would almost certainly end in the destruction of the DPRK. Their army is huge, but they're so backwards on tech and tactics there's no way the RoK and American units stationed there wouldn't come out on top. I mean, I don't even know if the DPRK has body armor.

Besides, we've done this before repeatedly. I remember Obama sending B1 bombers over there several times. The Norks will make the usual noise and complain, but I really doubt they'd be dumb enough to start a war they can't win.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It's nice that people like the OP have a forum to celebrate their partisan stupidity. Saves annoying people in real life.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It's nice that people like the OP have a forum to celebrate their partisan stupidity. Saves annoying people in real life.

It's almost as if people want a conflict, and maybe some do. More people seem interested in the attacks Trump made on Obama years ago than what's going on now. Facts don't have a party or agenda and competing with the Birthers isn't the best way to go. If Trump screws the pooch then hell yeah, but looking under the bed or defending Obama's honor? Geeze, people need to get over it and deal with the here and now.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
OK, I admit that my 50% or so predicted probability for nuclear war might be a little alarmist. Let's take it down to a much more conscientious number, say 10%?

So, we get a 1/10 chance of nuclear war, and that's with some very well thought-out and scientific calculations seen above. You can't really argue with that. i'm selling all my positions and putting it all into leveraged Gold ETFs.. End of the world FTW.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It's almost as if people want a conflict, and maybe some do. More people seem interested in the attacks Trump made on Obama years ago than what's going on now. Facts don't have a party or agenda and competing with the Birthers isn't the best way to go. If Trump screws the pooch then hell yeah, but looking under the bed or defending Obama's honor? Geeze, people need to get over it and deal with the here and now.
Agreed. Trump Derangement Syndrome completely dwarfs BDS and ODS. (Of course, that IS understandable. lol)

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
OK, I admit that my 50% or so predicted probability for nuclear war might be a little alarmist. Let's take it down to a much more conscientious number, say 10%?

So, we get a 1/10 chance of nuclear war, and that's with some very well thought-out and scientific calculations seen above. You can't really argue with that. i'm selling all my positions and putting it all into leveraged Gold ETFs.. End of the world FTW.
You specifically said:
Trump seems intent on getting as many americans killed as possible in his next grand adventure to inevitable failure.​

That's well beyond Infowars-level insanity.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I wonder if Trump is even familiar with Douglas MacArthur and why he got fired. China is not going to let the US encroach on its backyard.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
You guys just aren't seeing it. i'm putting every dollar I most deservedly earned, by inheriting it, into leveraged gold ETFs like JNUG and then 30% into weed stocks. People gonna need to get high when there's no jobs on account of nuclear war(s).

The end of the world cometh. I never thought southern california would one day be the most dangerous area of the lower 48 to live in but i am convinced that it's the worst today under Trump. Hopefully he just blasts some ships or guam or some lame submarine but I'm sure he'll go straight for Seoul and Los Angeles and Okinawa And Oahu

Last edited:
Reactions: Tequila

Tequila

Oct 24, 1999
You guys just aren't seeing it. i'm putting every dollar I most deservedly earned, by inheriting it, into leveraged gold ETFs like JNUG and then 30% into weed stocks. People gonna need to get high when there's no jobs on account of nuclear war(s).

The end of the world cometh. I never thought southern california would one day be the most dangerous area of the lower 48 to live in but i am convinced that it's the worst today under Trump. Hopefully he just blasts some ships or guam or some lame submarine but I'm sure he'll go straight for Seoul and Los Angeles and Okinawa And Oahu

Gave you a Like because that is some crazy entertaining shit :)

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
It has to be a temporary thing because as I've heard that S. Korea's president was recently impeached and there is a transition going on. No need to be alarmed as yet.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

Goodbye! It was fun while it lasted.

< ------- Lives on east coast

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I hope this goes about without nukes.
One way or the other NK has to be dealt with.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
The OP is proving out a theory I've had for some time that prolonged exposure to salt air rots brain cells.

If I lived in California I'd be much more concerned about discussions in Congress regarding the elimination of the tax break for state and local taxes. That right there is something that would have a big impact on your life. In the meantime, enjoy the increase in gasoline taxes Governor Moonbeam just sent your way. Hell, maybe California can tax the threat of war with NK out of existence. The only way to know for sure is to give it a try.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
North Korea isn't going to nuke the US when it has trouble testing missiles headed for the Sea of Japan. If it even has nukes it can load on to missiles, it'd be more likely to try Japan or South Korea. And that's a very big "if."

With that said: I don't think this is a good thing. Between the Syria strike (which was purely symbolic, but still dangerous) and this show of force in North Korea, it feels like Trump's impulsive, ego-driven nature risks having very serious consequences for foreign policy. He is foolish enough to start a war with North Korea without understanding the ramifications.

Yes, the US and the South would win, but would he actually bother with the necessary humanitarian follow-up? Would he find ways to reassure China that this new Korea isn't an imminent threat? I'm not convinced he would. Even if it's a "clean" war that avoids serious damage to the South or significant casualties, Trump could create more problems than he solves. Kind of like his domestic policy, really...