Ford Interceptor Concept

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

canadageek

Dec 28, 2004
bah......f*cking Yank Tanks! :p

i mean, sure, when you have a wide, straight road, its all good, but where i am here in Germany, the roads are narrow, and you often find yourself dodging parked cars. so for me, it#d be all well and good on the autobahn, but thats about it :(

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: canadageek

i mean, sure, when you have a wide, straight road, its all good, but where i am here in Germany, the roads are narrow, and you often find yourself dodging parked cars. so for me, it#d be all well and good on the autobahn, but thats about it :(

*crushes tiny euro-boxes beneath his giant, yank tank tires* mwahahahhahaah :D

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002

I don't think Ford really gives a damn about the foreign market with this car - it is way too big to be practical in just about any country except this one. They have the focus and the mondeo for your market, this looks to be strictly for the americans.

Jun 18, 2000

The Interceptor concept is about a foot shorter than a Crown Vic. There are numerous European makes that sell cars at least this big - S-class, 7 series, etc.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Should be a Lincoln. I think they are imitating the 300C.

Something is wrong with the taillights. They need to be skinny and vertical or a wraparound bar.

Looks like they grafted on a truck grille. A Chevy grille actually. Heh.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: FeuerFrei

Something is wrong with the taillights. They need to be skinny and vertical or a wraparound bar.

supposedly the grille is from the Ford F250 Superchief concept from last year (take a look, it's pretty obvious). definitely agree on the 300 part, but i don't think that's a bad thing, necessarily. i like how this is slung back more, slightly lower profile, and vastly more aggressive at the front with the new grille and the side with a lower/longer stance

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005

It might be a Lincoln, it is just a concept car so pieces here and there usually show up on other cars throughout Ford mo co.

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: SVT Cobra

It might be a Lincoln, it is just a concept car so pieces here and there usually show up on other cars throughout Ford mo co.
The MKR concept is supposed to influence future Lincoln models. The Interceptor is Ford through and through (or so they say).

Stumps

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
what hell is with Ford America...have they forgotten how to design an attractive car?

Everything that has had a ford badge on it in the US looks like it's been beaten with the ugly stick a few times...except the Mustang...it's mildly attractive, in a retro kinda way.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
proportions and overall shape is sexy, smaller details not so sexy, sounds amazing. Give it a good facelift and it'd be sweet!

Superartus

May 27, 2004
Well this is for sure competing with the 300c....a cheap...very cheap man's bently.
In other news...are you guys tired about how many 300's around? All I see is more 300s on the road...huge rims with different grill inserts and all window tint. No jealousy or Envy here...if I could I still wouldn't...i would rather get a 335i.
But the Interceptor is most likey going to intercept the sales of the 300 as 1. It's a new, long, similar design to the 300 2. Grill Insert compatible 3. Huge Rim compatible.