Forceware 92.91 (x86/x64)

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
These add support for the 7950GT (which launches tomorrow I believe)

NVIDIA_G71.DEV_0295.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT"

...this wasn't present in the 91.47 driver.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
The new control panel is even worse (error pop-up) and the TVO aspect ratio defect remains. I wouldn't bother unless required for a new model.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Does it still give you the fake "Your SLI is not working" message?

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Zap

I thought that was fixed with any driver version (including) 91.33+, that means (i think) 91.33, 91.37, 91.38, 91.45, 91.47, 91.48, etc. (did I miss anything?)

For those of you that care about XTreme-G drivers, the 92.91 should come out on monday. (tweakerizer tommorow :)), unless you've donated. Then you already have it.

Nightmare225

Golden Member
May 20, 2006
Originally posted by: wizboy11
Originally posted by: Zap

I thought that was fixed with any driver version (including) 91.33+, that means (i think) 91.33, 91.37, 91.38, 91.45, 91.47, 91.48, etc. (did I miss anything?)

For those of you that care about XTreme-G drivers, the 92.91 should come out on monday. (tweakerizer tommorow :)), unless you've donated. Then you already have it.

Note, these drivers include the new PureVideo HD beta software. So, this might help video playback.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
84.21 > all. that new nvidia control panel sucks and everytime i went back to the classic, it would be horrendously slow for me, so back to the 80 series!

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: secretanchitman
84.21 > all. that new nvidia control panel sucks and everytime i went back to the classic, it would be horrendously slow for me, so back to the 80 series!

Indeeed, but not an option with a newer model or if otherwise required/desired for later features.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Auric
The new control panel is even worse (error pop-up) and the TVO aspect ratio defect remains. I wouldn't bother unless required for a new model.

Wierd, this much be a selective issue... I haven't seen the pop-up with any of the drivers I've tried. I haven't had any issues yet with these drivers.

Originally posted by: secretanchitman

What's wrong with the new cp? Does it suck because it's different?

Hikari

Jan 8, 2002
I have no issues with this version and a 7950 GX2. Can't tell if it is any better, though.

I don't like that new CP either, but at least it is -tolerable- if you turn it to advanced mode.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Does it suck because it's different?
For me, yes, I hate change, but the newer forceware drivers do not seem to have any problem with me using the classic control panel, other than my temp readings do not show up in it.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
I have noticed the issue with the temp readings as well.

I also agree that advanced mode is necessary, and I never use "3D settiings with preview". I use the "Manage 3D Settings" option instead. Have any of you tried any of the Vista betas or RC1? IMO, NV's new panel makes more sense after using it in Vista. Basically, what they have done is make their control panel look like it's a native part of Vista, so it looks/feels more seemless in Vista.

I personally like the new panel after getting used to it, but I think it is lacking a few things:

1) Radio button(s) for overclocking options... Why do we have to regedit to OC? Just let me say "yes" in the cp.
2) With my GX2 I only had a single temp monitor (as if it only had one core), give me one for each core. I hope that you get two when you run in SLI with two cards...
3) Retain coolbits, OC clocks, and tray icon settings between driver updates. I disable the tray icon because I don't want it there, don't give it back to me everytime I upgrade my driver. As slready mentioned coolbits is annoying enough as it is, why do I have to redo coolbits and my OC clocks everytime everytime I upgrade? If the card can't run with the new driver at the same clockspeeds as it did before, something is wrong with the driver IMO.

Gstanfor

Banned
Oct 19, 1999
I have no problem with change, but the new CP is just clumsy compared to the old, not that I do much in the control panel other than set my refresh overrides anyhow - the rest I handle with nHancer.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I did not mean the SLI balloon, but an actual error Window pop-up (blank) when selecting one of the main categories in the new CP. If the new CP was not so slothesque I would prefer it to the ramshackle old CP.

The saddest thing is that both have simply inexcusable functional problems, for example: the old's application profiles are flakey, especially concerning colour and the new's (or maybe both) default or are stuck at queer negative gamma settings. None of the values match between the two and they appear at odds. I do have the temperatute tab in the old which I think is there by default although perhaps I added it. A couple other annoyances regarding resolutions: 1280x960 is not included by default and requires custom setup (whaaaa?!) and 1280x1024 is not available from PE (double plus whaaaa?!). FYI, the tray icon does not really need to be disabled, as such, but just closed which also disables the option.

I intend to mess with saving profiles a bit and/or a simple reg import file for the extra tabs and settings so that new driver installs are not so painful to setup. Again, I lament the lack of an ATI Tray Tools equivalent since everything was easily and quickly accessable from one place and profiles were maintained. Alas.

Anyone know what the suppos-ed PureVideo improvement is in 92.91 regarding player integration?

Gstanfor

Banned
Oct 19, 1999
If you want to work with profiles at all (including color profiles) you'll be far better off using nHancer than either control panel.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Auric
I did not mean the SLI balloon, but an actual error Window pop-up (blank) when selecting one of the main categories in the new CP. If the new CP was not so slothesque I would prefer it to the ramshackle old CP.

The saddest thing is that both have simply inexcusable functional problems, for example: the old's application profiles are flakey, especially concerning colour and the new's (or maybe both) default or are stuck at queer negative gamma settings. None of the values match between the two and they appear at odds. I do have the temperatute tab in the old which I think is there by default although perhaps I added it. A couple other annoyances regarding resolutions: 1280x960 is not included by default and requires custom setup (whaaaa?!) and 1280x1024 is not available from PE (double plus whaaaa?!). FYI, the try icon does not really need to be disabled, as such, but just closed which also disables the option.

I intend to mess with saving profiles a bit and/or a simple reg import file for the extra tabs and settings and so that new driver installs are not so painful to setup. Again, I lament the lack of an ATI Tools equivalent since everything was easily and quickly accessable from one place and profiles were maintained. Alas.

Anyone know what the suppos-ed PureVideo improvement is in 92.91 regarding player integration?

Auric. Unless you forgot to change it, your rig sig states you have an X800XL. Do you have another rig with an nvidia card in it?

Bill Kunert

Oct 9, 1999
I loaded the 92.91 drivers and compared them to the 91.47's in 3dMark 03. The 92.91 scored 1500 points lower than the 91.47's(10328 vs 11890). This is on an A64 3500@2.4GHz, 1.5Gig PC3200, and a 7300GT 128megDDR3 @ 610/1600. Went back to the 91.47 and they perform slightly better in the simulations I run.

Bill

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Gstanfor
If you want to work with profiles at all (including color profiles) you'll be far better off using nHancer than either control panel.

Ja, I noticed but otherwise it is not of much use. It would be nice if a 3D colour profile was possible as with ATI since the NVIDIA global profile excludes such so even if I otherwise wanted to eschew individual app profiles for quality settings 'n' such, they would still be necessary for the blasted colour else games are too dark. Bleargh.

Originally posted by: keysplayr2003

Auric. Unless you forgot to change it, your rig sig states you have an X800XL. Do you have another rig with an nvidia card in it?

Si, the Nvidia (7600GT) replaced the X800XL in "El Hijo del Diablo Negro" but has not been updated yet as I am still trying out the card. I'll prolly keep it but to be sure the drivers from both companies have significant flaws that are tarnishing good hardware.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
I hope it fixes my problems.

Often when I quit a game and go back to the desktop I can see and move my mouse but my windows will not show any mouse or keyboard events on screen. It's like the desktop is a screenshot, it has zero interactivity. I have to force the computer to sleep with the keyboard and wake it up. Sucks.