Forceware 190.** are broken

EliteSentinel

Sep 9, 2009
After upgrading from 182 to 190.62, I started getting huge fps drops after a few minutes, then I realize my card was locked at 400/800 in rivatuner, and there was no way to change the clocks as it was just locked, I had to reboot just to fix this.

Soon I realized it was the drivers problem as with 182 this clock freeze up never happened, then I got 190.38, fired up some of my games, and the first thing I saw was jaggies everywhere, I put 4x AA in nVidia global settings, but the AA enforcement just wasn't there, again with 182 there was no AA problems.

nVidia drivers are just getting worse and worse :(

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I find them getting better as my ol' 7800gtx is doing better in many games.

Did you do a clean install of the drivers?

EliteSentinel

Sep 9, 2009
Originally posted by: AznAnarchy99

I did, the problems still exist and why use such an old card?

Absolution75

Dec 3, 2007
Originally posted by: EliteSentinel

Eh? A 7800GTX probably performs about as well as a 9600GT or so. Its a decent card. . . and if it runs games fine, why get a new one?

EliteSentinel

Sep 9, 2009
Originally posted by: Absolution75

Eh? A 7800GTX probably performs about as well as a 9600GT or so. Its a decent card. . . and if it runs games fine, why get a new one?

It's rare to see someone using such an old piece of gear that's all, considering how much video cards have depreciated over the years.

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005

a 9600 gt would blow a 7800 GTX away, I couldn't tell if this was sarcasm as my sarcasm broke long ago

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Lets see, you joined yesterday, and already:

You have called nV's cards "crap" and "stuttering":

Let's not forget currently nvidia has nothing on the table, which means by the time your little "new GX2 crap minimum fps, stuttering card" comes out, the refresh of 5870 will be out to top it.

Attacked a mod and others unprovoked:

Why do you love him? Focus group memebers are just LIARS. I pity you who suck up to him, nVidia and all FCM will be laughing at you all the way to the bank.

Claimed nV is going to get sued:

nVidia will get sued for this

All in 23 posts.

And now, you are having driver issues with two different sets of drivers for a nV card?

Interesting.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: OCguy

Let's not forget currently nvidia has nothing on the table, which means by the time your little "new GX2 crap minimum fps, stuttering card" comes out, the refresh of 5870 will be out to top it.

Why do you love him? Focus group memebers are just LIARS. I pity you who suck up to him, nVidia and all FCM will be laughing at you all the way to the bank.

All in 23 posts.

And now, you are having driver issues with two different sets of drivers for a nV card?

Interesting.

Not like he's trying to make it obvious or anything. ;)

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
lolz. So I guess we should just disregard the post about them failing? Cuz they seem to work fine for me on both vista and win7 RC. Both cards are folding, so I know there is some stress.

Mr Fox

Sep 24, 2006

All in 23 posts.

Interesting.

I would speculate that it is Charlie Demerjian that has come here just to spread the word..

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Hmm, I'm having a weird problem with Forceware 190+ on 64-Bit Vista w/GTS250 1GB. Flash videos (Hulu and Youtube, haven't tried any others yet) freeze when full-screen after about 10 seconds. Audio keeps playing, and if you move the mouse around where the audio controls are, you can control the volume or mute it, you just can't see anything moving. Only freezes on full-screen. All other videos/games/etc work 100% perfectly. Downloading 185.85 to see if it fixes it.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: lavaheadache

a 9600 gt would blow a 7800 GTX away, I couldn't tell if this was sarcasm as my sarcasm broke long ago

Sounds like he might have confused the generations. A 7800GTX is usually about the same speed as a 8600GT/GTS, depending on the game. The 9600GT is about the equal of the 8800GT, which of course blows the 7800/8600s away totally.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Arkaign
Hmm, I'm having a weird problem with Forceware 190+ on 64-Bit Vista w/GTS250 1GB. Flash videos (Hulu and Youtube, haven't tried any others yet) freeze when full-screen after about 10 seconds. Audio keeps playing, and if you move the mouse around where the audio controls are, you can control the volume or mute it, you just can't see anything moving. Only freezes on full-screen. All other videos/games/etc work 100% perfectly. Downloading 185.85 to see if it fixes it.

UPDATE : Uninstalling 190.x and installing 185.85 fixed it. :thumbsup:

I guess there are some bugs in the current 190 release, no biggie though.

EDIT, FWIW Win7 and Vista 64-Bit drivers appear to be the same driver as well :)

EliteSentinel

Sep 9, 2009

All in 23 posts.

Interesting.

Are you denying the facts that GX2 card don't have microstutter?

Focus group members are liars, they will lie to cover up the crap their company has.

Nvidia should get sued for disabling physx via drivers when ati card is present on a system, anyway you look at it it is wrong for consumers.

I'm not the only one who has to deal with the latest of 190.crap, mejobloggs, and Arkaign are having similar problems.

imported_Shaq

Sep 24, 2004
I had a 9800 GX2 and now a GTX 295 and I have never noticed any microstutter. I also don't overstress the video cards by running them at <30FPS where it is likely to occur. I keep settings so I can attain close to 60FPS where it's very unlikely it will be a problem.

I have read where the 190 series isn't applying AA properly as the Nhancer author was talking about it, but I'm not sure if it was fixed yet.

EliteSentinel

Sep 9, 2009
Originally posted by: Shaq
I had a 9800 GX2 and now a GTX 295 and I have never noticed any microstutter. I also don't overstress the video cards by running them at <30FPS where it is likely to occur. I keep settings so I can attain close to 60FPS where it's very unlikely it will be a problem.

I have read where the 190 series isn't applying AA properly as the Nhancer author was talking about it, but I'm not sure if it was fixed yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYnXxI1UjxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZP_Pd5Z1NU

In the first video 280 and the GX2 had nearly same fps, but the 280 was much smoother cause there is no microstutter, the 295 stuttering all over in 2nd video.

Mr Fox

Sep 24, 2006

All in 23 posts.

Interesting.

Are you denying the facts that GX2 card don't have microstutter?

Focus group members are liars, they will lie to cover up the crap their company has.

Nvidia should get sued for disabling physx via drivers when ati card is present on a system, anyway you look at it it is wrong for consumers.

I'm not the only one who has to deal with the latest of 190.crap, mejobloggs, and Arkaign are having similar problems.

I have been in a similar issue with drivers,(8800(G92)512) but the "Focus Group Members " were more helpful, and I would say that it was because I attempted to be civil with them rather than insult them... That (G92) Card has been, and continues to be an excellent Card !! And is Excellent in Vista x64, and Windows 7 x64

Rollo was the only one that was an asshole, but that is very much in the past...

"Shills are everywhere", and they must be taken as par for the Course !

I have not been an nV lover by any-means, in fact most would peg me as a Hater...

I have been a faithful user of their Vid Cards since the beginning, and I have a few "museum pieces"...

On the other hand their Core Logic Chipsets are built on Uranus.

I have a HP $1000 DV9000 that is 24 mos old, and is a Pile of Fecal Matter

It has been a Love Hate Bi-polar Relationship to say the least..

But that being said......... hands down you have no business Cutting Keysplayer Crap...

The sections that he is a Moderator for he is an excellent resource.

Now it is time for me to "Remove the Tin Foil Hat" and bid you adieu.....

Hate The Grand Nagus Huang........ Not Keys !!

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Shaq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYnXxI1UjxE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZP_Pd5Z1NU

In the first video 280 and the GX2 had nearly same fps, but the 280 was much smoother cause there is no microstutter, the 295 stuttering all over in 2nd video.

Didn't you already start a thread on Nvidia drivers?

Here?

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003

All in 23 posts.

Interesting.

I just assumed it was ZeGermans returning to troll another subforum ;)

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
So anyway, using 192.62's in Win7 64.

GTX295

Played Crysis Warhead for about an hour. Exited game.

Launched RivaTuner and GPUz to observe current core clock, shaders and mem frequencies.

Core0: 300.86MHz Shader: 601.71MHz Memory: 100 MHz
Core1: 300.86MHz Shader: 601.71MHz Memory: 100MHz

So I thought I was supposed to be stuck at 3D clocks when exiting a game?
No reboot necessary here.

Like I told you in the other thread, you need to do a fresh re-install of your OS on another hard drive to test your theory. When you do, please come back and report your results.