[Forbes] Diablo III Player Gets Cold-Shoulder From Blizzard Regarding RMAH Error

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
I've had fun, had hassle, been hacked, lost several million in gold via the AH eating my item and not giving me the gold... I've found out that the character I most wanted to is pretty much broken from bottom to top and Patch 1.03 is to D3 like 1.10 was to D2, totally ruining the fun for me.

So now I'm selling my items on the RMAH and pulling out of Diablo 3 after having enjoyment and getting what I'd call my monies' worth.

I'll be back once they fix the Witch Doctor and fix the game. If that happens, I'm happy... If it doesn't, I'm happy too.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
So much for scamming being gone without third party trading sites. Ends up Blizzard themselves would be doing it and get away with everything.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
So you think if you post your picture then people are going to take you more seriously? That doesn't make any sense o_O

Not sure if you're trying to make a joke, but that's the red shirt kid from Blizzcon. Also, I'm not sure why he's posting that photo anyway. Is he trying to suggest that he's outing Blizzard's nefarious ways like this year's red shirt kid?

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
I only play Hardcore so these carebear problems do nothing but make me laugh.

I don't think Blizzard is perfect, but the amount of whining taking place in every single title released for the past few years has me seriously questioning the state of the gaming community.

This article just shows how low level CS isn't the best solution to customers who are incapable of properly articulating themselves.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Not sure if you're trying to make a joke, but that's the red shirt kid from Blizzcon. Also, I'm not sure why he's posting that photo anyway. Is he trying to suggest that he's outing Blizzard's nefarious ways like this year's red shirt kid?

LOL I guess I better get some googlin' going. I knew I was missing something. OP couldn't possibly be proud of that picture if it was him. My second guess was this was some famous meme or something but there's no text and I couldn't remember any popular meme like this recently, so I went back to my first guess :biggrin:

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Anyone actually read the thread this article is based on? OP in that thread disappeared. Thread went onto (when I stopped reading) 26 pages of back and forth nonsense about who is right and who is wrong.

Not a word from Blizzard and not a word from the OP. If either party had something they wanted to prove, I figured they'd have spoken up.

People in the thread also found issues with the original time lines. I don't recall them exactly, something about 24+48+5 days and RMAH being out for 6 days at that point.

Anyways, least there was no underhand comments about Diablo 3 users being coke-feins :D

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
Anyone read the comments on page two?

http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/vfq1e/blizzard_steals_from_this_guy/c549cp9

A supervisor got back to me 2 days ago. He claims the item did in fact sell, and they held the funds because of the battle.net balance cap, which is odd for 2 reasons. The first guy I spoke to on the phone told me specifically that is not what happened, and they let a larger sale immediately afterward go over the cap even more. At any rate, they put the money through to my paypal minus the fee today. Score one for viral complaining.

Guess it was real, I wonder if the guy posted on his thread in the forums after I stopped reading.

Looks like he got his money.

EDIT: Ironically, the guy got his money 1 day before the article went up, yet the article author hasn't updated it. Interesting...

Last edited:

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Here is a tip for the OP. If you keep at a topic so doggedly that you start to appear a zealot, people start to dismiss everything on the topic you say, regardless of merit.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Just putting it out there. All the bad missteps and departure from Blizzard's former quality and good CS.

If I was trying to troll I would be posting this in the official Diablo 3 thread, where I would assume those who enjoy the game are discussing it and whatever. I am leaving this information out of that thread specifically not to derail it or crap in the thread. Plenty of people are seeing Diablo 3 for the crap it is and Activision/Blizzard for the new EA level of fail they are becoming.

Yet the Blizz fanboys need to come in these threads and white knight for Blizzard. Have at it, you're entitled to your opinion. Like Apple customers are.

I hear COD: BO2 is coming out, get those pre-orders in now.

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
"Just putting it out there" ranks right up there with "just asking questions", you know?

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
It's okay OP. I like it that you're comfortable enough to put your picture here :D

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Just putting it out there. All the bad missteps and departure from Blizzard's former quality and good CS.

If I was trying to troll I would be posting this in the official Diablo 3 thread, where I would assume those who enjoy the game are discussing it and whatever. I am leaving this information out of that thread specifically not to derail it or crap in the thread. Plenty of people are seeing Diablo 3 for the crap it is and Activision/Blizzard for the new EA level of fail they are becoming.

Yet the Blizz fanboys need to come in these threads and white knight for Blizzard. Have at it, you're entitled to your opinion. Like Apple customers are.

I hear COD: BO2 is coming out, get those pre-orders in now.

Troll, troll, troll your boat!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
this ain't the first i heard of issues with the RMAH. Those dismissing it as minor are being naive. this is actually a big issue.

IF any other company had a issue with a REAL money AH there would tons of threads about it. They need to get it fixed before they get into trouble.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
So many Blizz fanboys. Good grief. Make a negative post about Blizzard and you're trolling.

Sorry you are so emotionally invested in Activision/Blizzard that you feel trolled upon by seeing negative press and opinions about them.

The more rational posters in this thread who don't give faceless corporations their allegiance seem to see the issues at play with what Activision is doing with the RMAH. That was the topic of discussion.

Rage on Blizzboys.

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Groove, people are likely reacting negatively due to your crusade. People get annoyed, regardless of if you are correct or not, when you go on and on about a topic.

It is more likely that people are tired of reading your threads about Diablo 3. When you turn around and start attacking anyone who disagrees with you, you're going to get even less of a friendly response. It looks like you're just trying to provoke.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So many Blizz fanboys. Good grief. Make a negative post about Blizzard and you're trolling.

Sorry you are so emotionally invested in Activision/Blizzard that you feel trolled upon by seeing negative press and opinions about them.

The more rational posters in this thread who don't give faceless corporations their allegiance seem to see the issues at play with what Activision is doing with the RMAH. That was the topic of discussion.

Rage on Blizzboys.

So trolling them is acceptable, mature behavior?

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
So trolling them is acceptable, mature behavior?

Dude, my point was I wasn't trolling at all. I left this out of the official thread not to troll the people there who are playing and enjoying this game.

They came in here and accused me of trolling them, when they came in here...

My last reply was basically just a reaction to them. I went out of my way to try and not troll the Blizzard fan boys. That wasn't my intent. I was posting another article highlighting how Activision/Blizzard is the next EA.

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
1e2f7_ORIG-bowdown_gif.gif

We're not worthy!

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
LOL

You know you've got a derailed thread when the resident VC&G troll is posting memes in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.