For those who shop at newegg, you gotta read this

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Who would counterfeit a cheap ass fan? It would be more trouble than it's worth.

SoyBoy004

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
been doing business with newegg for 2 years now. have been overly satisfied with their service and products.

Paulson

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2001
www.ifixidevices.com
I'm too happy with newegg to let some bogus info make me turn away. Until they piss me off (and after about 50 items shipped to me) they'll still see me coming back more and more and buying more :)

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Over $30,000 in business with Newegg both for work, builds and personal use leaves with two words to say to SilenX: screw you! :p I've been to their site, seems ok but I have no reason to purchase anything. I will shop with Newegg as long as their prices are low and their shipping like greased lightning!

NightCrawler

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Originally posted by: nourdmrolNMT1
Originally posted by: NightCrawler
Newegg is selling Raptor hard drives that don't have USA warranties, they are intended for the Asian market. They just don't mention it when they sell it to you.

So much for that 5 year warranty!

that may or may not be neweggs knowledge.

their wholesalers may be supplying them with asian market hard drives, and not letting newegg know.

MIKE

True, newegg probably buys in bulk from wholesalers and doesn't have time to check where exactly they are coming from. Thankfully newegg will cover it but I wonder what they will say when after 4 years your hard drive dies and you say hey this is a gray market hard drive ?