For those who have been through the final round of interviews

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
What should I expect?

I am flying out to the meet with the VP, his team, and the HR manager towards the end of the month and am not sure what to expect.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Field?

Went on about 3 third round interviews before (software engineering) landing current job and it was more or less like the second round, just a bit more specific and with people higher up on the food chain. Then met with a few people on the executive side, more banter about the company, my credentials, what I expect out of working there, all the usual stuff. Worst part for me was when they ask me if I have any questions, for some reason I always feel awkward at this point.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: atom
Field?

Went on about 3 third round interviews before (software engineering) landing current job and it was more or less like the second round, just a bit more specific and with people higher up on the food chain. Then met with a few people on the executive side, more banter about the company, my credentials, what I expect out of working there, all the usual stuff. Worst part for me was when they ask me if I have any questions, for some reason I always feel awkward at this point.

Job is in Logistics and Supply. My second interview was a phone interview with the VP and after talking to him for a few minutes, he wanted to have me fly out and meet him, the team, etc.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Field?

You should ALWAYS ask questions. Look up the company and ask a general question like merger talks, what they are doing to fight off competition, etc.... You just want to show them you are there for more then a pay check and you really care about the company and are a team player.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Field?

You should ALWAYS ask questions. Look up the company and ask a general question like merger talks, what they are doing to fight off competition, etc.... You just want to show them you are there for more then a pay check and you really care about the company and are a team player.

True. I actually already have questions I want to ask the VP about new programs they have implemented within the past few months. I found a bunch of articles in which he was quoted so I figured that would be a great place to start.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Field?

True, but asking the wrong questions is definitely a deal breaker. I dunno, for some reason I am always nervous after asking questions, I guess it's the pessimist in me thinking I asked an incredibly stupid question.

Anyways, if he wants you to fly out after talking to you on the phone for a few minutes, it sounds promising. Good luck.