For those that have seen American Beauty...

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Why did Thora Birch's character want to get a boob job??:Q From her little peep show in her bedroom window, it didn't appear that she needed ANY enhancments :D

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

<< Why did Thora Birch want to get a boob job??:Q From her little peep show in her bedroom window, it didn't appear that she needed ANY enhancments :D >>

she got one?? Man, they were saggy as it was.

kuk

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2000
Humm ... guys ...
We are talking about women here ... don't try to understand ... ;)

NFS4: Watching a lot of movies latelly, huh? :D

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Humm ... guys ...
We are talking about women here ... don't try to understand ... ;)

NFS4: Watching a lot of movies latelly, huh? :D
>>

Just giving my DVD collection a much-needed workout ;)

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000

<<

<< Why did Thora Birch want to get a boob job??:Q From her little peep show in her bedroom window, it didn't appear that she needed ANY enhancments :D >>

she got one?? Man, they were saggy as it was.
>>

That might be why she wanted em then, Implants bring "Perk" back to the screen.

LostHiWay

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
I also got a question about that whole scene. I know that she's over 18 and can show anything she wants, but I thought it was against the law to show nudity of someone portrayed to be under 18. As she was in the movie.

Anyone know?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

<< I also got a question about that whole scene. I know that she's over 18 and can show anything she wants, but I thought it was against the law to show nudity of someone portrayed to be under 18. As she was in the movie.

Anyone know?
>>

there are alot of loopholes. Watch the movie "Kids," if you want to see the limits stretched.

clarkmo

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2000
She wanted a reduction. She didn't like the reactions she was getting. Apparently too many of her male student associates were showing their patriotism when she was around. Yep, soldiers standing and saluting all the time can be disconcerting to a girl.

Reactions: shortylickens

LocutusX

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< there are alot of loopholes. Watch the movie "Kids," if you want to see the limits stretched. >>

I remember that movie... man was it depressing...

LocutusX

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< She wanted a reduction. She didn't like the reactions she was getting. Apparently too many of her male student associates were showing their patriotism when she was around. Yep, soldiers standing and saluting all the time can be disconcerting to a girl. >>

Are you just making this up or did she actually mention that during the movie?

loosbrew

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2000
its an unimportant part of the movie. its there just to give you the feeling that shes unhappy as everyone else in the family was. when a young girl in that situation wants something like that, its to get attention or to make themselves happier in a superficial way. its just some character developement.

loosbrew

Tauren

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2001
PICS people, pics!!!

Shame on you NFS4!!! You are here by temporarily banned from the Brotherhood of Men!

ShizNitz

Dec 13, 2000
Everybody is wrong! She was saying that she had been saving up for a boob job during her childhood. After she hit puberty, it was obvious that her mammaries expanded to child-rearing size and she no longer needed to spend any money on her operation. Therefore, she had money in her account that they could use to move away.

Facin

Aug 3, 2000
The very beginning scenes of the movie involving her have her looking up breast reduction on the internet. She is insecure about the size of her breasts because they make her stand out compared to others (this is common in high school. I new several girls who were insecure in this way). When she finally gives the little "peep show", it was her surrendering her insecurities to the only person she now felt a common bond with in the world. Once she has this common bond, she no longer feels the need to reduce them and is more comfortable with herself. Her boyfriend makes her feel good about herself as opposed to all other influences in her life. This is why she now has the money available to pay for her dads "murder" (which she never actually does)

• Wow

Radar280

Feb 23, 2021
Why did Thora Birch's character want to get a boob job??:Q From her little peep show in her bedroom window, it didn't appear that she needed ANY enhancments :D
She wanted an augmentation because she had lopsided titties. Watch the scene where she takes her top off again and you’ll see.