For those that agree with the new Arizona Law

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
OK, why are they pandering to them then? They sure as hell are.
in as much as the previous Administration pandered to them. I think it's for the same reason as Bush, Clinton, Bush and Reagan did, to get the Hispanic American vote. The Republicans can kiss that demographic goodbye now.

BTW, in your state you need ID. A utility bill will do nicely.
Don't tell me you think the Dems are going after the illegal vote. I mean I can see morons like Spidey and HACP believing that but not you.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
in as much as the previous Administration pandered to them. I think it's for the same reason as Bush, Clinton, Bush and Reagan did, to get the Hispanic American vote. The Republicans can kiss that demographic goodbye now.

Don't tell me you think the Dems are going after the illegal vote. I mean I can see morons like Spidey and HACP believing that but not you.

I think you can remember me ripping Bush a new one for a hell of a lot of things. For some of them he still should face justice.

This is now though. The Dems have circled the wagons around AZ and if you note in the other thread about the school board, a member was pretty much getting off on the idea of the school board screwing over the kids there. I think you can see that isn't a Bush, Spidey or HACP issue either.

My point is that NOW and specifically because of AZ the Dems are trying to give illegals rights they do not have by virtue of the act of being here, and no before someone else says it, that doesn't mean I think they should club them like baby seals.

If the same thing had happened during the last administration I'd have told them to shove it like I did with their signing orders taking precedence over the Constitution and Iraq.

I don't care who decides to do this I'm calling them on it, and with amnesty being bandied about by Obama (and you don't believe that's a coincidence) it's hardly because of the general principle.

Right now the Dems get it because they are in the driver's seat at the Federal level and the buck is on their collective desks.

Of course that makes me a right wing supporter. So be it. If the Reps get back in and pull stupid shit I'll throttle them and be a "lib" like I was before.

You know I've already done that.

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Since the border has never been opened with Mexico allowing the nationals to cross over for work, my theory has never been tested. Again, what do most of you fear with Mexicans being given a free pass to cross over? It's obvious many feel threatened with increased competition for work. IF they are legitimately allowed to cross over, work and pay taxes here while retaining Mexican citizenship, it will take care of the illegal problem and they will be documented. Illegal activities (e.g. narcotic trafficking) will always occur, whether the borders are tightly shut or not. The biggest hurdle is the ingrained fear of White Americans losing their majority.
This is what the migrant worker program is for. It works. It is the drain on the system that the illegals create that is the problem. To rehash the issue is pointless. If you personally are not willing to allow an illegal family or two to live in your house and you provide for them on your dime; then you are just as much as a hypocrite as you claim the others to be racist.

5150Joker said:
If the illegal immigrants aren't given legitimate jobs, they will most likely resort to criminal activities instead of going back to Mexico. Moving entails a lot of time and money, it's much cheaper to rob people and stay where you are. Thus the crime rate goes up and the tax payer funds the ever growing prison industry.

This has been tested and shown that they will run based on the threat of ICE even when they have legitamte jobs using false papers.

Immagration is like the laws of thermodynamics - temp flows to even it out.
As long as the economy in the US is better than Mexico and other countries; those people that feel that will do better here will attempt to come here.

So you either destroy the economy to remove the incentive perception or you make it so they know in advance that they will get no economic incentives.

I would prefer the later.

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Illegal becomes legal via a pen stroke. Amnesty :(

5+ years later (less than 2 presidential elections), they can become citizens if they choose to be tested.

The Dems may be pushing this because it ensures the legal Hispanic vote and sets the stage for a few million more votes in a couple of elections down the road ('16/'20) that will probably be also Democratic leaning.

Also, because of the concentration of Hispanics in certain areas of the country; they become a political force to reckon with in terms of ensuring that Federal laws are to be ignored without serious penalty and state laws are not to be enforce. (LA/SF)

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
And how many of that 3% were illegals aliens? Of all the problems associated with illegal aliens them falsely registering to vote is almost non existent. The last thing illegal Juan wants to do is show up for Jury Duty.

But illegal Juan will try to upgrade his airport security credentials. As a bonus he evidently wanted some hope and change.

An illegal immigrant from Bolivia had security clearance and was working as a custodian at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport when he was arrested by U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials for claiming he was a U.S. citizen while applying for additional security credentials.

Juan Sejas was taken into custody at Washington Dulles International Airport by CBP officials after he provided them with an allegedly fake Puerto Rican birth certificate and Social Security card. Sejas was seeking a CBP certificate that would allow him into the International Operations Division. The certificate, authorities said, would have given him further access to secure areas.

After his May 6 arrest, the 51-year-old told CBP officials that he had voted in Virginia in the 2008 presidential election, court documents said. He obtained a voter registration card using the documents he presented to get the job at Reagan National airport.

Arrested illegal immigrant worked as National Airport custodian