For thoes that Smoke, Why did you start?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
that other thread got me thinking, every day I see so many people that smoke, doesn?t bother me if that?s what you want to do but I just curious to why they started, in this day in age everyone knows what can come of long term smoking, and to start takes a conscious choice, so I?m asking, what did you start smoking

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Can't rightly say, seemed to just happen. I do have an addictive personality, that can't help things. Quit over a year ago though after close to ten years, was up to two packs a day toward the end. Best thing I've ever done for myself.

Borracho

Banned
Mar 26, 2004
I don't smoke tobacco, but I started smoking marijuana/hashish when I spent a summer in Amsterdam. Keep doing it because I like it...

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
wanted to smoke. kinda liked the bad boy image.

that was 13 years ago...biggest mistake evar.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Because when I was 16 and hanging out drinking beers and consuming other substances with friends at a public park at 3am, it was cool.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
I assume you're talking about tobacco, in which case I started smoking because all my friends did it and I was already 18 so I figured "why not?"
If you're talking about maryjane I'd list the same reasons but I'm much happier with maryjane than cigarettes ;)

Borracho: te fumas la mota? ;)

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
I assume you're talking about tobacco, in which case I started smoking because all my friends did it and I was already 18 so I figured "why not?"
If you're talking about maryjane I'd list the same reasons but I'm much happier with maryjane than cigarettes ;)

You forgot to talk about the third thing you enjoy smoking...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: spidey07
wanted to smoke. kinda liked the bad boy image.

that was 13 years ago...biggest mistake evar.
It's a shame that teenagers have enough control to ruin their lives, but because they're teens they lack the foresight to see how it will. Smoking, getting pregnant, etc. all these fall into that category. My brother started when he was 16 and he's 29 now. My cousins came over one summer and he got the idea from them. The last thing on a 16 year old's mind is how something like smoking is going to affect their health 10 years or 20 years down the line, so they just start. Sucks. I'll go ape sh*t if my kids ever think about it.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: PowerMac4Ever

Crack? Nah, I'm fresh out...
Here comes my fan club/cheerleading squad ;)

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

Not crack.. wrong side.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I tried a cigarette when I was 13. I'm glad I hated it.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

Not crack.. wrong side.

Bwahahaha! I didn't know if you would go that route with it but you've shown your true colors Powermac. Do you ever get tired of being so juvenile?

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

Not crack.. wrong side.

Bwahahaha! I didn't know if you would go that route with it but you've shown your true colors Powermac. Do you ever get tired of being so juvenile?
Once again you are following me to different threads throwing personal attacks for absolutely no reason. I do not understand your anger... grow up.

Papagayo

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2003
I know exactly when and why I started..

I started while I was attending Ohio State University in 1990.

I was smoking lot of Mary Jane and I wanted to extend the buzz.. Then I got hooked.. I stopped smoking pot, but still smoking cigs

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

Not crack.. wrong side.

Once again you are following me to different threads throwing personal attacks for absolutely no reason. I do not understand your anger... grow up.

Do you have a mental disorder or do you actually think this is humorous?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

It was a harmless joke, which I think anybody here would have made to anybody else.

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

Do you have a mental disorder or do you actually think this is humorous?

Yet another personal attack directed toward me
rolleye.gif

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Because all my friends were smoking. Peer pressure.
I will stop though when I get married, if that ever happens.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Unlikely (stopping I mean!) - why not start now...?

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb

It was a harmless joke, which I think anybody here would have made to anybody else.

Some may perceive it that way, but when it's never-ending one tends to sense an on-going pattern occurring...
Powermac, I'll ask you once: just stop. I don't care if you have some kind of grudge against me but there's really no need for your actions.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Unlikely (stopping I mean!) - why not start now...?
Not unlikely, I will put down $10 grand that I will stop if I get married. Reason being, now I only have myself to care about and I don't really give a shite. However, if I ever get married I will be responsible for others.

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
I'm surprised you even have time to post here Flyermax... I thought ripping off fellow members on FS/T took up all of your time

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
I'm surprised you even have time to post here Flyermax... I thought ripping off fellow members on FS/T took up all of your time

I'm sorry, have we ever conducted business before? I don't seem to recall selling anything to you... Seeing as this is the case, your comment is not only unjustified but uncalled for. You must really get off on this or something. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Go read a book or something. Might I suggest the Bible?

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000

I'm sorry, have we ever conducted business before? I don't seem to recall selling anything to you... Seeing as this is the case, your comment is not only unjustified but uncalled for.
We'll see how unjustified and how uncalled for my comments are in the coming days...

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

I'm sorry, have we ever conducted business before? I don't seem to recall selling anything to you... Seeing as this is the case, your comment is not only unjustified but uncalled for.
We'll see how unjustified and how uncalled for my comments are in the coming days...

I've asked you to stop once, I'd prefer not to have to ask again. You can end this at any time...