For the dems, is Hillary the one?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Sad and scary are seeing all of those who would support Warren, another no real experience, uber liberal, who exaggerated her heritage to get where she is.

Will be interesting to see who runs, but if Clinton is a contender she will be arguably the most polarizing candidate in our history.

The problem is that even the most liberal of members of Congress are still closer to center than the average member of the GOP. The GOP hasn't just gone further right in recent years, they've gone full retard right. And you never go full retard. (In politics we call that full Ted Cruz)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Will be interesting to see who runs, but if Clinton is a contender she will be arguably the most polarizing candidate in our history.

That prize has already gone to Obama.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Well Vic, I meant even more polarizing...if one can even imagine it...

I'd hope not; won't want to upset the apple cart. To this date, the Republican party has been so sound and rational...

\if my humour were any more dry, it'd be a lake bed in Utah....

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Hillary is about as anti gun as they come, so I wouldn't register as a Dem to vote for her.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Well, we all complain when government pays for someone else but rarely when it pays for us.

I'm white, hetero, raised middle-class, dont do drugs and dont pop out kids I cant afford.

Government does little for me. Everything I get is "general public". Roads and shit like that. And cuz I have a car I pay into the roads anyways. All those fucking fees and taxes and stupid crap.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Sad and scary are seeing all of those who would support Warren, another no real experience, uber liberal, who exaggerated her heritage to get where she is.

I doubt Warren would make a serious run. If she does run, it would just be to get her name into the mainstream.

As for Clinton being the most polarizing candidate, at this point who fucking cares? It's not like any Republican is going to vote a Democrat for President. She's still overall quite popular even with the last year of Fox News taking every chance to bash her.

kia75

Oct 30, 2005
Well Vic, I meant even more polarizing...if one can even imagine it...

The sustained Obama hate just can't continue to Hillary. Obama has the bad luck of not looking like them. He's the secret Muslim kenyan atheist commie. Hillary is your aunt or your co-worker or your wife's friend. They'll try to keep the hate up but it'll be a half-hearted hate, growing more half-hearted as more of the older generation dies.

Hillary will be able to get more done then Obama just because of the Hate burnout from hating Obama so long burns out, and as more and more old Republicans die.

Having said that, If Hillary runs I'll vote for her but I'm secretly hoping another candidate comes along. Hillary would be better then any Republican candidate, but I don't know just how good of a president she'd be. Hillary is a workhorse, not the visionary that is best for leading a nation.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Warren 2016! But I'd settle for her as vice-president.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Hillary just gave the conservatard spin zone an absolute gift:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/27/hillary-clinton-benghazi_n_4674529.html

"My Biggest Regret Is What Happened In Benghazi'"

What she means is obvious when she's saying it, but in print it looks like she's taking blame. Conservative talk will be sure to run with that one every way they can.

"She regrets pulling security."
"She regrets putting them in a situation she knew was dangerous."
"She regrets not sending immediate aid."
And the general:
"She regrets getting them killed."

I predict this one from Rush:
"This administration was repeatedly caught lying, and now she regrets being caught!"

In fact, I wonder if he'll be spinning full teabag with:
"You may regret that you were caught lying about the video, Hillary, but four people are dead because of it."