For people who have the Viewsonic VP912B

QuestionsandAnsweres

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2001
I just received this monitor. Loving everything about it but the slight backlight bleeding on the top. Is this normal for LCDs or this monitor? im liking this monitor alot better than the Dell 2005 FPW so far and the backlight bleeding is no where near as bad as the 2005FPW. But was just curious if having some backlight bleeding is normal?

sellmen

May 4, 2003
Originally posted by: QuestionsandAnsweres
I just received this monitor. Loving everything about it but the slight backlight bleeding on the top. Is this normal for LCDs or this monitor? im liking this monitor alot better than the Dell 2005 FPW so far and the backlight bleeding is no where near as bad as the 2005FPW. But was just curious if having some backlight bleeding is normal?

I have a Sony LCD that uses the same panel, and yes I notice backlight bleeding. Not sure why it is so common, it seems to be some quality control issue with this particular panel.

I learned to live with it because like you said, the image quality of the panel is simply fantastic.

Wolfshanze

Jan 21, 2005
I have the VP912B, and yes, there is some very minor backlight bleeding at the top and bottom... very slight though. It doesn't really bother me at all.