For Bank of America Customers -- $25 gift card for referring a friend

PHL1365

Jul 10, 2002
*** To Moderator ***, this is not a referral, but a potential for members to generate referrals. Please edit this post as you feel necessary.

If you are a Bank of America customer, you can refer a friend through the BofA website. If that friend opens a checking account, then you will BOTH get a gift card.

Link to Bank of America website -- no referral within -- click on "Recommend our Checking..." link

I am thinking of switching my checking account to B of A because they are building a branch practically next door to me. If anyone is a current customer and would like to join up with me to take advantage of this offer, then please PM me.

We could use this thread as a meeting place for current and potential B of A customers to link up together.

PHL1365

Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: weepul
nice! though to maintain a free account u have to have like a $1000 minimum deposit or have a electronic deposit every month.

//krunk (^_^x)

I think this is the case no matter what bank you go to. My current account is with Wells Fargo and it is pretty much the same. I used to keep my accounts with small banks that charged no fees, even for using another bank's ATM. But when the big banks started adding on their own fees for using their ATM's then I had to give in and go to the dark side.

ronton888

Nov 2, 2002
Union Bank Of California is also offering new customers $25 for opening up a new account. Minimum of $100 to open up account. It's free checking along the tunes of those other free checking banks. You can even use the ATMs of that other free checking back without charges.

I have two of those coupons for anyone who wants it. Just let me know Cheers!

randypj

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I can say that I have enjoyed paying bills online with their system. They have done a good job making their online banking site more user friendly as time goes on. I think I've used 2 paper checks in the last 2 years. I don't even know where my checkbook is. I hope it is at least in my house somewhere.:confused:
--Randy

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Yeah, I've got a credit card with them as well, and got pretty good service. Thing is the offers they give me are crap, while I just got a card with 0% apr on balance transfers AND purchases until April '05, the best BoA could do is a balance transfer check (without fee at least) w/ 0% apr until Sept '04. I'll pass.

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: ronton888
Union Bank Of California is also offering new customers $25 for opening up a new account. Minimum of $100 to open up account. It's free checking along the tunes of those other free checking banks. You can even use the ATMs of that other free checking back without charges.

I have two of those coupons for anyone who wants it. Just let me know Cheers!

I don't get what you mean. I checked the Union Bank of California website and for their regular savings account it seems to be free only if you use their ATM machines.

Free unlimited access to Union Bank of California ATMs