For 3D Work (AutoCad, 3DViz) and 2D Photoshop, What cusumer card?

RaymondLin

Jul 28, 2002
I am going to get a new comuter, it's down to either the Matrox Parhelia 128 or the niVidia Ti4600, from what I've read in the review form this site, the Ti4600 wiped the floor compared to the Matrox. But that's in games, I am talking about in CAD environment here. Rendering times, real time 3D rotate/views and texture. Would the Ti4600 still rule supreme? And also in Photoshop, which has the best colour rendition? and lightning 2D filter pass ?

And before you start going on about ATI R9700 (I know it'll blow those 2 out of the water) !!!! I can get the Matrox the same price as the Ti4600 (cheap) but the ATI is another ball game and would cost me £150 more (as I have to order it from another company). And Wildcats are out of the question, they are £500 + !

Maverick2002

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2000
Wrong forum methinks.

You want 3d rendering go with a professional card (3D Labs, Quadro, etc). They're expensive though.

Photoshop will run fine with most 3d accelerators, I use a GF3 Ti200 and it's just fine (although my 512mb memory needs and upgrade for the 20+ mb files).