Foolish drunken mayhem.

Grminalac

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
Well once again I got trashed and practically kill myself last night. I really had no intentions of getting slammed and was the designated driver. I had sipped only 2 bud lights in over 3 hours. So my phone rings and its this pretty cool girl I worked with about 6 months ago; she says her friends are back from college and would like to meet up. Ok, it sounds like a good deal. So my friend and myself ride about 30 miles to rendezvous. These girls are freaking beautiful. So of course i proceed to get hammered royally because they are drinking heavily. After about 3 Tanqueray Martinis and one Rusty Nail. I'm in a bad way. So the night ends, everyone had a decent time and its now my fun job of getting us home safe and sound. However in my deluded state I have now morphed into Mario Andretti and am convinced I'm driving the indianapolis 500. I have a 98 BMW 328is. which isn't the fastest car ever made, however it quite easily does 125-130. So I'm cruising along without a care in the world, and I just notice that I just blew through a herd of deer on the road. There must have been about 4 or 5 of them lolligagging on the highway. Thats an experience that sobers a person up real quick. I'm not a religious man but I thanked christ none the less for saving my skin on that one. Not seconds later I notice a state trooper has pulled someone over on the opposite lane. Sure he has his mark and wasn't actively looking for speeders at the time, but I imagine I picqued his interest when I rolled past him at speeds over 125. So I put the pedal to the floor and make haste to the nearest exit and proceed to take back country roads to my house. (Which took about 45 minutes extra and got me lost a few times) All in all I got home safe and relatively sound. I'll made a pact with myself not to drink heavily again when i'm the designated, even if the most beautiful women in the world are present. I'm also a little disturbed that I forgot to ask for phone numbers at the end of the night. Well at least i can still get ahold of the girl I worked with, maybe I'll give her a call now and recant my episode of idiocy.

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Too bad you didn't hit a tree or something that would have been a good reason not to drive drunk again. I didn't know that getting drunk then driving like an idiot impressed good looking females. :confused:

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: baffled2
you were the designated driver and you endangered your friends ? I'd sure hate to see how you treat people you don't like :(

As always, PICS??? :D

Snapster

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
If I'm designated, that equals no drink. I'd rather my friends know they'd feel safe in the fact that there is a driver behind the wheel who isn't trying to kill them. Drink is too tempting at times once you start.

Grminalac

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
Yes you are right, the next time I decide to drive as fast as possible. I'll make sure i am at least under the legal limit of BAC. Seriously though, it was stupid to do and i'm a bit ashamed. Sometimes a person has to almost ruin their life before they realize how foolish their actions are. Often times i talk to a lot of older people at bars and they tell me the stuff they used to do and it was rediculous. Drag racing, drunken brawls, theft, and these are now upstanding citizens. Heck I was talking to the assistant D.A. the other day and he told me all the insane stuff he did when he was 18-20. It was disgusting. Now of course he himself would put people away for it. Its a funny world i guess.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
What an Ass.

Many things that happen in movies have happened to me; the difference is the chicks were ugly.

Oh, wait. Am I supposed to think your cool?
~wnied~

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Grminalac
Yes you are right, the next time I decide to drive as fast as possible. I'll make sure i am at least under the legal limit of BAC. Seriously though, it was stupid to do and i'm a bit ashamed. Sometimes a person has to almost ruin their life before they realize how foolish their actions are. Often times i talk to a lot of older people at bars and they tell me the stuff they used to do and it was rediculous. Drag racing, drunken brawls, theft, and these are now upstanding citizens. Heck I was talking to the assistant D.A. the other day and he told me all the insane stuff he did when he was 18-20. It was disgusting. Now of course he himself would put people away for it. Its a funny world i guess.

All this stuff about "ruining your life" not a word about those people in the car foolish enough to call you
a friend... that is sad :)

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yes you are right, the next time I decide to drive as fast as possible.I'll make sure i am at least under the legal limit of BAC.

Maybe you shouldn't try to drive as fast as possible. :)

Grminalac

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
Well it was only one friend in the car and he demanded i drive faster. You would think the fact that he is graduating from medical school next year would correlate into him thinking a bit more clearly considering as an intern he sees a good many patients torn up from bad accidents. Then again I believe his friend Johnny Walker might have enamoured him into thinking driving fast was a fun experience, and it was to tell the truth. Driving fast is fun, especially when you have a nice car, however its not worth it.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by: baffled2
you were the designated driver and you endangered your friends ? I'd sure hate to see how you treat people you don't like :(
Well said.
Well it was only one friend in the car and he demanded i drive faster
Oh. well if that's the case, ...
rolleye.gif

That's no excuse!

rgwalt

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2000
If you choose to get drunk and do away with yourself, don't take a car-load of screaming passengers with you. Do not drink and drive. My ex-GF had to learn how to walk again because of a drunk driver. She was lucky that her entire family wasn't killed. If the state trooper had pulled you over, it would have been the best thing that could have happened.

You should go home and re-think your life.

Ryan

Grminalac

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
I think the point is that everyone makes mistakes, think about your own life. Who here hasn't done something completely stupid? I'm sure you have done stuff that could have screwed you over. Heck, probably half of the people on here possess illegal software and are basically committing a felony as we speak. Thats not the same exactly because you are not hurting anyone, but a crime none the less. Regardless, as I said I was foolish to do that and I don't plan on doing it again. I don't think it was all that funny and I'm very pleased I didn't hurt anyone or damage any property. I think its a good thing that i didn't have to hurt anyone or get screwed myself in order to "learn a lesson"

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Seriously though, it was stupid to do and i'm a bit ashamed
A bit? a bit?! You're not ashamed, you're a tad embarassed.
Sometimes a person has to almost ruin their life before they realize how foolish their actions are
You almost lost your life, not to mention someone else's. That's a far cry from ruining your life.
Thats an experience that sobers a person up real quick....So I put the pedal to the floor and make haste to the nearest exit and proceed to take back country roads to my house. (Which took about 45 minutes extra and got me lost a few times) All in all I got home safe and relatively sound.
Yeah, sobered ya up enough to floor it.
I'm also a little disturbed that I forgot to ask for phone numbers at the end of the night.
Nice to have priorities.
I think its a good thing that i didn't have to hurt anyone or get screwed myself in order to "learn a lesson"
From the tone and content of your posts here, you haven't learned jack.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
These girls are freaking beautiful. So of course i proceed to get hammered royally...
Hmmm... Do you understand the concept of a contradiction of terms?

You get together with "freaking beautiful" chicks, and somehow, the first thing that comes to your (excuse the expression) mind is putting yourself in a condition where you violate your promise to your friends to stay straight enough to drive, you're liable to make a social ass of yourself in front of these women, and even if you and your friends survive your impared driving, the booze will probably leave you too limp below the belt to accomplish the very thing you set out to do, thus embarrassing yourself with these women and all of their friends they tell about your < ahem > social inabilities.

Good thinking, mate!
rolleye.gif

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
you learnt a lesson and hope you don't EVER break it.

I was out last night clubbing I was driving so I didn't touch a SINGLE drop of any alcohol. I got major respect from the guys even though THEY were offering me drinks. I was driving so no alcohol of any kind for me. Good night and safe.

bsobel

Dec 9, 2001
> in my deluded state ... I rolled past him at speeds over 125...

Your an ass.

Grminalac

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
The beauty of the forum I find are that everyone here is amazingly perfect. Look at yourselves, why you should all be placed on a pedestal and canonized. Nobody here has ever done anything wrong? Please guys welcome to the real world. Think about DUI for instance, the number of DUI's in PA are staggering, its rediculous. It has basically turned into a money making operation for the state. I was in the wrong I admit, but the whole premise of a bar is completely redicuolus given todays laws. In PA, the legal limit is .06. That means if I have two glasses of wine with my hour long meal, and drive home I'm legally drunk. Basically everyone at a bar or club will be breaking the law. Oh yeah lets not forget our president is a drunk driver as well.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
First of all, you are definitely an idiot for drinking and driving. I'll just say that up front.

Reality is, lots and lots and lots of people did it when they were younger, myself included. I didn't drink much, but did get hammered a few times (maybe twice) and wonder how I got home.
Back then, I too, was an idiot for drinking and driving.

I now will not even have one drink if I am driving. Period. (I hardly ever drink now anyway) I consider myself lucky to have made it through the couple of times when I could've seriously hurt myself or someone else unscathed.
That was a long time ago. Really, I raised much more hell while driving sober than while intoxicated.

Now, you need to realize that you got a free pass last night, and never do it again.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Grminalac
The beauty of the forum I find are that everyone here is amazingly perfect. Look at yourselves, why you should all be placed on a pedestal and canonized. Nobody here has ever done anything wrong? Please guys welcome to the real world. Think about DUI for instance, the number of DUI's in PA are staggering, its rediculous. It has basically turned into a money making operation for the state. I was in the wrong I admit, but the whole premise of a bar is completely redicuolus given todays laws. In PA, the legal limit is .06. That means if I have two glasses of wine with my hour long meal, and drive home I'm legally drunk. Basically everyone at a bar or club will be breaking the law. Oh yeah lets not forget our president is a drunk driver as well.

Where the heck is Red with that "You are an idiot " link ? it sure is needed here :|

Grminalac

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
"Now, you need to realize that you got a free pass last night, and never do it again."
Amen to that.