foofbag = static electricity?

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
I saw the "bag" thread someone posted and I really like the foofbag look + it would fit in my jansport laptop backpack i already have. extra protection ftw. i already got a dent on my new mbp somehow while it was in the jansport bag, so i want a little more protection.

anyways my friend warned me against foof - he said the materials they use inside (synthetics and/or the fleece) would cause static electricity - which of course can be harmless or incredibly damaging to your laptop.

does anyone know if this is true?

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
anyone know? does synthetic fleece (sherpa fleece) cause static for laptops? (this would apply to applesac too i guess)

The Bakery

Mar 24, 2008
I believe that almost any synthetic fiber material will generate static unless they are treated.

You might want to look at the product specs or email them to see if their materials are anti-static treated.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I have the Fire Engine Red corduroy Foofbag and it doesn't have any static electricity problems. The inside is also very soft and won't scratch your laptop.

AnthroAndStargate

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
My friend states that you wouldn't "know" if you had static damage because it happens over time. Do you have computer degredation?

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: Kaido
I have the Fire Engine Red corduroy Foofbag and it doesn't have any static electricity problems. The inside is also very soft and won't scratch your laptop.

How would you know whether static has been discharged into one of the ports on your laptop? According to my HP's manual, static damage does not necessarily cause noticeable problems, or may create problems that show up later.