FNC Anchor Harris Faulkner sues toy maker Hasbro for using her name/likeness

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
This has to be one of the oddest stories I've ever seen

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-suit-over-toy-hamster-that-shares-her-name/

First of all, who the fuck goes out and buys a "Littlest Pet Shop" Harris fucking Faulkner hamster doll for their child?

What's next, the Wolf Blitzer action figure? The Situation Room doll house?

Second, they didn't bother to get her permission, and refused to stop making/selling the toy when she protested.

She's seeking $5 million, maybe they can settle with a few Stephen Hawking big wheel trikes and a Henry Kissinger pop up punching bag?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Fox really loves employing beautiful women with little to no brain activity.

Brian Stirling

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
How in gods name does she claim with a straight face that this toy resembles her in the slightest? It actually looks closer to Donald Trump than her...

Brian

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I don't understand why they used her name.

That does seem pretty bizarre. That's a pretty random name for the toy designer to pull out of their ass and have it be the same as a national news personality.

Was it some kind of joke by the designer that slipped past legal?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

You sound jealous.

Whether you agree with her politics or not, she has written books and won Emmy awards.

What have you done with your life?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

You're talking about the mindless blondes who do nothing but recite talking points and flash panties repeatedly.

Faulkner doesn't seem to be in that crowd. I've never seen her panties, she's not blonde, and being an author of a book puts her into a different group IMO. I would liken it to not attributing the hilarious idiocy of Fox and Friends to say, Shep Smith (whom I consider a decent human being with morals and integrity, despite working for a horrible company).

Also, consider me another who wants to know why the hell the company would use her name.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
WTF Hasbro doesn't have a legal department? It's called "misappropriation of name or likeness for commercial purposes." Torts 1, first year law school. Doh!

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
WTF Hasbro doesn't have a legal department? It's called "misappropriation of name or likeness for commercial purposes." Torts 1, first year law school. Doh!
This is bizarre. I can't remember anything so flagrant by an order of magnitude or two.

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
No one noticed that her name is "attached to a potential choking hazard". That alone justifies the lawsuit :)

Nov 30, 2006
She's most likely a hell of a lot smarter than you are....but admittedly, that's not really saying much. Do you hate women...or just those who happen to be conservative?

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Don't like the show, but she is hot and smart. Good combo.

This was a dumb move by Hasbro though.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005

e74fgv8.jpg

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Since the toy looks nothing like her, will everyone named Harris Faulkner get a piece of the settlement if there is any?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Don't like the show, but she is hot and smart. Good combo.

This was a dumb move by Hasbro though.
Agreed, although I don't know what show she is on. But she would have been a much better choice for Fox & Friends than that idiot Hassleback.

Yeah . . . Not really seeing the problem here. :D Are you alleging that only unattractive people should be allowed to deliver propaganda? (That would be the MSNBC motto.)

Nov 30, 2006
Agreed, although I don't know what show she is on. But she would have been a much better choice for Fox & Friends than that idiot Hassleback.

Yeah . . . Not really seeing the problem here. :D Are you alleging that only unattractive people should be allowed to deliver propaganda? (That would be the MSNBC motto.)
I'm not a Hassleback fan either, or even Megyn Kelly for that matter. However, Shannon Bream hosted Chris Wallace's show a couple weeks ago and I really was impressed with the way she handled herself.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Using her name - slam dunk case.
Using her likeness??? Well, they both have 2 eyes, but likeness ends there.
Associated with a choking hazard? :roll:

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001

What about the other Harris Faulkner's out there, shouldn't they get a cut too. Other Harris Faulkner's Matter

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Nope. "It was named after another Harris Faulkner." Dismissed. Webster's dictionary had a similar claim against a different "Webster's dictionary" and their defense was literally they named it after a plumber or some crap named Webster and won.
As for her likeness, I couldn't find it on their website, but the rest look like stupid animal caricatures, so she won't win that case either.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'm not a Hassleback fan either, or even Megyn Kelly for that matter. However, Shannon Bream hosted Chris Wallace's show a couple weeks ago and I really was impressed with the way she handled herself.
I must have missed that particular news babe, don't recognize the name. I do like Chris Wallace, but have no idea when his show is on. Just weekends isn't it?

My fav Foxette was Catheryn Crier, but she went back into the echosphere. Beyond that it's Catherine Herridge and Patti Ann Brown. Megan Kelly is a smart, beautiful woman, but for some reason she just never really gelled with me. May be because I'm somewhat face blind and have a difficult time picking her out of the smart, beautiful blond herd. :D