thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
So you know those little rubber things on laptops screens, and on the bottom of your laptop. Well one came off and I grabbed some fast drying superglue and put a little dot of glue to hold it well after that dot, a bit of dried super glue blocking must of got loose because while moving away a little fell on my screen as a thin line. So I grabbed some 90% IPA and let it soak a little then wiped well it took off like nothing and streaked the superglue even worse.

FML

anyone got some ideas on how to clean this? or am I toasted?

Ballatician

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2007
IPA was a good idea, acetone or EtOH might work.

Other than that you're getting into hardcore solvents like methylene chloride. Although there are some commercially available epoxy solvents that don't contain methylene chloride and are considered safer, I doubt you would want to buy like a liter of expensive stuff.

Good luck

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: thescreensavers
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Whatever you use will take off the coating on the screen. Good luck.

yea.. I know my screen has that plastic coating on top of it though.

glossy screen? Just try the acetone and see what happens. At least you dont have a matte screen

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Mo0o
Originally posted by: thescreensavers
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Whatever you use will take off the coating on the screen. Good luck.

yea.. I know my screen has that plastic coating on top of it though.

glossy screen? Just try the acetone and see what happens. At least you dont have a matte screen

I have had bad bad experience with acetone and plastic so ill pass on that. Right now I just see that line on my screen gerr.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
apparently they sell a specific super glue remover. Can check it out adn see if it'll protect your plastic

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
Cyanoacrylate

Acetone, which is commonly found in nail polish remover, is a widely available solvent capable of softening cured cyanoacrylate. Nitromethane is also an excellent solvent. Methylene chloride is the most effective solvent, but is toxic. Gamma-butyrolactone is also effective at removing cured cyanoacrylate, and has low toxicity.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: tallest1
Originally posted by: DAGTA
This is worthy of a "f my life" ?
Wow, you have it rough.
I got a scratch on my million dollar ferrari, FML
The fact you paid a million for a Ferrari should be a FML all by itself.
The best is the Enzo and that could be had for a mere 900,000.