Flying Cars to be made in Massachusetts???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2005
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...ying_cars_to_be_built_in_mass/?p1=Upbox_links

WOBURN, Mass.—The company developing the world's first "flying car" announced on Wednesday that low-volume production of the hybrid vehicle will take off in Massachusetts, perhaps by the end of next year.

The car-plane has wings that unfold for flying and can quickly fold back up for driving on normal roadways. The two-seater must use a runway to take off and land and is designed to fly mostly under 10,000 feet.

The company cleared a major regulatory hurdle in July when the Federal Aviation Administration granted a special weight limit exemption to the Transition.

The Transition is expected to initially be priced at between $200,000 and $250,000. The company said it already has accepted refundable $10,000 deposits for vehicles that were expected to be built during the first two or three years of production.

chance of being the first: zero
chance of selling these things: zero

ConvairCar_Model_118.jpg

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
Now if you could use a highway to take off and land.......

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
People have a hard enough time paying attention to the road, now they want to make them pay attention to 10000x more airspace?

coxmaster

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2007
Odd.. Last time there was a thread about the Terrafugia ATOT seemed to be in support of it

coxmaster

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2007
Not me. I've never been in support of the idiots I see driving cars on a daily basis being given flying machines.

Yeah, I agree that its a horrible idea. The one fact people ALWAYS overlook is that you cant just buy this and automatically fly. You have to get a Sport Pilot certificate, which requires a good amount of training.

That alone will contribute to the failure of Terrafugia

pmoa

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2001
haha...i have a business card from a guy that I met yesterday that works for this company!

Status
Not open for further replies.