Fluctuating sound bar volumes while playing music over Bluetooth/Cast - SB4051-C0C

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I recently purchased a SB4051-C0C for use in my living room. The soundbar is working swimmingly hooked up to the TV via ARC, but I've noticed that while streaming (Spotify) music over bluetooth or via the native Google Cast app some song tracks randomly fluctuate in volume.

The track will be playing at the set volume, then will randomly dip much quieter, then back to the set volume intermittently. Again, this only happens on some songs, not all. I am currently only using the bar + subwoofer, and have not setup the satellite speakers (yet).

Any ideas in terms of troubleshooting? I find it odd that this only occurs with music, and not audio coming from other sources (cable, smart apps, xbox, etc).

smitbret

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2006
I have the same soundbar and periodically use it to stream music via bluetooth from my phone(s) or tablet(s). I have never experienced this.

I don't use streaming services, though, most of my stuff is streamed from my server and they have been had their levels ?calibrated?.

If you are patient, I will play with it over the next day or two and see if I can duplicate the problem. Any particular tracks and are they consistent from track to track?

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I have the same soundbar and periodically use it to stream music via bluetooth from my phone(s) or tablet(s). I have never experienced this.

I don't use streaming services, though, most of my stuff is streamed from my server and they have been had their levels ?calibrated?.

If you are patient, I will play with it over the next day or two and see if I can duplicate the problem. Any particular tracks and are they consistent from track to track?

I really appreciate that.

Try 'Sound and Color' by Alabama Shakes -- I recall it happening on that one in particular.

I'm wondering if there is an issue being that the tracks are stereo and not surround? Not sure.