Florida Bill Would Make It a Crime for Minors to Post Pictures of Guns on Social Media

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
Like a lot of Floridians, OP sounds like she needs a CAT scan. There is something wrong with you if this is the gun issue that gets you riled. This act of pretending teens, by default, should be considered judicious firearm owners and that social media is just an innocuous element involved is just... wow. It's funny, I don't recall these sentiments when pics of from Treyvon Martin's (and other black kids) media account were all over the news, didn't see or hear a single social conservative leap to the defense.

It would appear some people in Florida have connected the issue of youth gun violence with the prevalence of threats, brags, intimidation and coercion found in that same groups media presence. Yes how horrible for a state to take measures to deescalate tensions where so many disputes originate, it's not like they have a problem with gunfire erupting in schools periodically, right? Think about the selfies! Ugh.

Keep on keepin on banana republicans...

ummm you say i need a CAT scan? lol maybe you should take a step back and really try to understand what this law is going to do.

Oh and good try to play the pathetic race card. the thing is there is no law on the books yet prohibiting Treyvon or other minors from posting pics of his Glock or bb gun. you do understand the difference dont you?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
ummm you say i need a CAT scan? lol maybe you should take a step back and really try to understand what this law is going to do.

A CAT scan is probably excessive in your case. Some remedial adult education might do the trick, or maybe even just less Fox Noise and talk radio? If you can't address the points I mentioned, if that's what counts as a rebuttal in your world, well, I rest my case. If being intellectually honest and consistant with your argument is problematic, you need to find a better argument.

Oh and good try to play the pathetic race card. the thing is there is no law on the books yet prohibiting Treyvon or other minors from posting pics of his Glock or bb gun. you do understand the difference dont you?

Focus please. Legality of pics then is irrelevant; the opposite kinds of reactions among gun nuts, dependent on who is holding said guns, is entirely relevant regarding your outrage. So you don't like being called out over double standards and hypocrisy, or being seen as someone with a comically short attention span? Seems like the fixes for all that are entirely within your reach.

Yeah it's a real shame your kids gun range selfies are in jeopardy here, I'm sure the parents of the Parkland victims or anyone that's lost someone to a FB beef can relate.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Ths slow contingent is outraged at nothing as usual to lazy to do some research before running their flaps.

You know I rarely describe people in the negative here but the phrase whiny little bitch(s) comes to mind..

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Lots of young people hunt. Why not put pictures of Guns and your deer on facebook. Food is food.

This is government censorship.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Ths slow contingent is outraged at nothing as usual to lazy to do some research before running their flaps.

You know I rarely describe people in the negative here but the phrase whiny little bitch(s) comes to mind..
Lots of young people hunt. Why not put pictures of Guns and your deer on facebook. Food is food.

This is government censorship.

@Thebobo, found another one.