Florida authorities uncover pipe bombs, rocket launcher in white supremacist drug sting — dozens arrested

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
So exactly like the guys inthe picture in post 14 without the shooting?
The fellows in that picture look like soldiers to me. Soldiers don't have the luxury of being for or against anything. Their job is to kill people and break things, where and when they're told. Antifa has taken on the roll of a political police force. They want to decide who is allowed to speak, they want to decide what we're allowed to say, but most of all, they want to control what everyone is allowed to hear. Some folks think that's a fine idea, I don't. I prefer the haters and the stupid to be out in the sunshine where I can keep an eye on them.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The fellows in that picture look like soldiers to me. Soldiers don't have the luxury of being for or against anything. Their job is to kill people and break things, where and when they're told. Antifa has taken on the roll of a political police force. They want to decide who is allowed to speak, they want to decide what we're allowed to say, but most of all, they want to control what everyone is allowed to hear. Some folks think that's a fine idea, I don't. I prefer the haters and the stupid to be out in the sunshine where I can keep an eye on them.
I think that you're repeating stuff you've been told there.
You've met members of antifa and discussed their aims with them?

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Instigating violence does not make you a Nazi.

You don't have to be a neo Nazi to be fascist. Trying to silence viewpoints they don’t like through violence and intimidation is a very fascist thing to do. Antifa are what they claim to be against.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Bothsiderism, huh?

The white supremacists who got busted are a heavily armed & violent organized crime syndicate. That can't be said for Antifas.

Read up-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Brotherhood
The Aryan Brotherhood isn't a political organization. They were born in prison for mutual protection, and have become an extremely violent and feared group. Which is exactly what they want to be. Antifa simply wants to control what we're allowed to say.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Antifa is not anti fascist, they use the name as cover to mask their fascist nature.

Google is your friend, and words mean things..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

The Antifa (/ænˈtiːfə, ˈæntiˌfɑː/)[1] movement is a conglomeration of left wing autonomous, self-styled anti-fascist militant[7] groups in the United States.[11] The principal feature of antifa groups is their use of direct action.[12] They engage in varied protest tactics, which include digital activism, property damage, physical violence, and harassment against those whom they identify as fascist, racist, or on the far-right.[18] Conflicts are both online and in real life.[14] Their stated focus is on fighting far-right and white supremacist ideologies directly, rather than politically.[12]

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The Aryan Brotherhood isn't a political organization. They were born in prison for mutual protection, and have become an extremely violent and feared group. Which is exactly what they want to be. Antifa simply wants to control what we're allowed to say.
You don't have to be a neo Nazi to be fascist. Trying to silence viewpoints they don’t like through violence and intimidation is a very fascist thing to do. Antifa are what they claim to be against.
I worry about what it is you want to say that you're worried about antifa coming after you if you say it!

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I worry about what it is you want to say that you're worried about antifa coming after you if you say it!
You shouldn't be. You should be worried about why Antifa thinks they have the right to silence me. You're more concerned about what my actions might be, rather than what theirs are. You've prejudged both of us, and appear to have decided that Antifa is in the right. Doesn't that strike you as just a little odd? Are you ready to accept their decisions about what can and can't be said? You don't even know who's making those decisions, but are willing to accept them without question.

I agree with their goals, but I absolutely despise their methods.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Google is your friend, and words mean things..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

The Antifa (/ænˈtiːfə, ˈæntiˌfɑː/)[1] movement is a conglomeration of left wing autonomous, self-styled anti-fascist militant[7] groups in the United States.[11] The principal feature of antifa groups is their use of direct action.[12] They engage in varied protest tactics, which include digital activism, property damage, physical violence, and harassment against those whom they identify as fascist, racist, or on the far-right.[18] Conflicts are both online and in real life.[14] Their stated focus is on fighting far-right and white supremacist ideologies directly, rather than politically.[12]
They employ violence and intimidation to achieve their goals. That anyone defends this is nothing short of astonishing to me.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I dunno...along with the dipshits in the the OP link, these types are the batshit nutters we should keep a close eye on. And some of them reside in congress

Senator Mike Lee of Utah says the left is about to start a civil war, and in order to prevent it, we need to eradicate a long list of federal programs including “the interstate highway system,” funding for “K through 12 public education,” “federal higher education accreditation,” “early childhood education, the Department of Commerce,” “housing policy, workforce regulation,” and what Lee labeled the “huge glut of federally owned land.”

https://thinkprogress.org/mike-lee-civil-war-highways-86be306e06b9/?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
They employ violence and intimidation to achieve their goals. That anyone defends this is nothing short of astonishing to me.

I don't think it's so much defending them as trying to put an end to the American right's attempt to equivocate, to claim that someone fighting against neo-Nazis is just as bad as the neo-Nazis. This doesn't excuse using violence as a first resort, but I know which of those two camps I would rather see win.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Yeh, I'm sure there were no Aryan Brothers in Charlottesville, right? And nobody even vaguely like them, I'm sure.

But do go on about the antifas as if they have anything to do with the subject at hand.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You shouldn't be. You should be worried about why Antifa thinks they have the right to silence me. You're more concerned about what my actions might be, rather than what theirs are.

Well they don't just go around arguing with anyone. There's a hint in their name.

Reactions: dank69

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
It's funny that a thread about violent fascists having pipe bombs turns into how bad people who oppose said fascists are!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's funny that a thread about violent fascists having pipe bombs turns into how bad people who oppose said fascists are!

It always does because you're the "real" fascists, racists, misogynists, xenophobes & know nothings. At least that's the view from Trumplandia.

Reactions: WelshBloke

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Why are we discussing Antifa in a thread about white supremacists who were arrested for having bombs and plotting to use them in terrorist attacks?
Something about free speech and Antifa being mean apparently. If they just let the fascists own their bombs peacefully it would all be ok. Or something.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why are we discussing Antifa in a thread about white supremacists who were arrested for having bombs and plotting to use them in terrorist attacks?

You're the real fascist for even pointing that out. So violent! /s

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The white supremacist mouse that roared and liberals on the internet cried out,

how about looking at things in some perspective when it actually comes to the size and danger of gangs, with some real facts on the danger according to the FBI.
https://www.businessinsider.com/dangerous-american-gangs-fbi-2011-11
13 American Gangs That Are Keeping The FBI Up At Night

More than 1.4 million Americans are wearing the colors of more than 33,000 gangs across the country, according to a report by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Based on evidence from federal, state, local, and tribal law enforcement, the FBI says gangs commit 48% of violent crime, and are only becoming more dangerous. Some even source weapons from the military.
While many of these groups are regional and only loosely organized, many gangs are expanding their ranks and establishing themselves at international levels.

But it's politically correct and safe to magnify some dumb white supremacists because you don't have to worry about being called racist or bigot.

Bless you heart attempting to defend your peeps by moving the spotlight. Seven year old information. Also any list that contains the Juggalos I don't take seriously.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

That's a picture of the D-Day invasion.

And soldiers DO have the luxury of being for or against anything. Why do you think they voluteer in the first place? At least today with an all volunteer Army. WWII had the draft so some had no choice, but there were still a lot of people, standing in very long lines, hoping to get in.