Florida attempting to pass a bill to pay for legal services For Donald Trump

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Amazing. Republicans in Florida want to start a taxpayer paid slush fund to give Trump up to 5 million dollars to offset his legal fees". This takes an amazing amount of balls or Florida resident are more stupid than I thought.
On Monday, a new piece of legislation, championed by Florida Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis, was introduced by Florida state Senator Ileana Garcia which would create the "Florida Freedom Fighters Fund." The fund would provide up to $5 million to cover legal costs for Florida residents who are running for president, like Trump, and face "legal, partisan, political attacks by the Department of Justice or State Attorneys," according to a release from Patronis's office.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I'm OK with that, it's better than the Federal Government being used as Trump's legal defense fund.

At this point, i'm rooting for Florida to continue setting new records in being Florida. It's like a fiery car crash, it's terrible but I'm going to watch it.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I've read a few Newsweek articles last year. It didn't seem that bad. In a similar vein, USA Today isn't going to snatch any Pulitzer Prizes away from The New York Times.

It's fascinating how much contempt the GOP has for its dumb fuck voters; the politicos know those rubes will accept anything as long as you insist it's "anti-woke."
Or LBJ's old quote:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Sucks to be a Democrat in Florida though. I'm just wondering if through the magic of sleight of hand accounting, DeSantis will eventually make the federal gov't a dupe in that scheme of theirs.

Reactions: GettyRoad

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Last edited:

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
"The law, in its infinite fairness, prevents both rich and poor from stealing bread, sleeping on park benches, and begging on the streets"

Guarantee there are dumbfucks out there that support this because it protects them from the federal government.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
From the title alone it looked like Hunter Biden could have received that money…

That would be comedy gold