Floral Order Leads to Million Dollar Heartache

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Floral Order Leads to Million Dollar Heartache

MISSOURI CITY, Texas --
(This is a transcript of an FOX 26 News video report.)

A Missouri City man is suing an online florist because they sent his wife a receipt for flowers he ordered - the problem is the flowers weren't for her.

Red roses are supposed to symbolize love, passion, happiness and romance - but all that changes when your wife finds a receipt for flowers you sent to your girlfriend.

Leroy Greer told FOX 26 News that when he sent the flowers, he was not together with his wife.

Greer has filed a federal lawsuit against 1-800-FLOWERS, INC.

In April 2007, Greer, who was in the middle of a divorce, used the company website, 1800flowers.com, to order a dozen red roses and teddy bear for a woman who was not his wife.

According to Kennitra Foote, the attorney for Greer, "a couple months later 1800flowers sent a thank you card to his home and his wife who he was reconciling with saw the card and said who ordered flowers and why?"

After Mrs. Greer called the company, she was sent a copy of the receipt by fax along with the note he sent with the flowers and what he purchased.

The copy of the note included with the purchased items read "Just wanted to say I love you," which was sent to the girlfriend.

After reading it, Mrs. Greer wrote her husband Leroy a note of her own before refiling her divorce papers.

According to Leroy Greer, she decided to ask for more money. He told FOX 26 News that he "was gonna give her $150,000 and $4,000 a month in child support. She was satisfied with that."

Mr. Greer said finding out about those $100 roses caused his wife to demand a $400,000 lump sum plus $6,000 a month in child and spousal support."

Mrs. Greer declined the request to interview with FOX 26 News, but 1-800-FLOWERS sent a statement to FOX 26 that said:

"We take pride in creating relationships with our customers by recognizing and thanking them for their business. We take all matters relating to our customers seriously; however, we are not responsible for an individual's personal conduct. Beyond this, it is the company?s policy not to comment on pending litigation and legal matters."

Foote said "People are going to swing one way or another they're gonna think he doesn't deserve anything he just got busted he should just take it, but its more than just his reputation or him being an adulterer."

According to Leroy Greer, it's about his soured marriage. Greer is seeking more than one million dollars in damages.

hahahahahahah oh great. i think this is funny. hope he loses both lawsuits LOL haha.

how is this the fault of the florist place is beyond me. he was the idiot that was cheating on his wife.

lol he deserves whatever he gets or has to pay LOL

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
My guess is that the lawyer's going to attack the fact that 1-800-flowers sent the copies of the receipt, note, and order details at the request of a non-customer moreso than she would the generic thank you card. But who knows.

lightpants

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2001
"Leroy Greer told FOX 26 News that when he sent the flowers, he was not together with his wife. "

They were on a break!!!!!!!!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Whisper
My guess is that the lawyer's going to attack the fact that 1-800-flowers sent the copies of the receipt, note, and order details at the request of a non-customer moreso than she would the generic thank you card. But who knows.

Odds are he used a credit card or chekcing account that had her name on it. So she calls up and ask for a reciept.

wich is fine and legal.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

I would think so. Not that it really has much to do with the case, but he's hoping it will defray his expenses :p

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000

Yep that is what i was thinkign as well. Depending on what they gave her he may have a case. I doubt he will get the amount he is looking for but maybe something.

kevnich2

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2004
Well, regardless of whether he was with his wife at the time or not (which the article says they were currently on a break/separated), the company shouldn't have sent those type of details to a non-customer who didn't actually place the order. Why would the company send a thank you cared a few months after the order??

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: kevnich2
Well, regardless of whether he was with his wife at the time or not (which the article says they were currently on a break/separated), the company shouldn't have sent those type of details to a non-customer who didn't actually place the order. Why would the company send a thank you cared a few months after the order??

IF he used a credit car dor checking account with HER name on it she has EVERY right to get a copy of the reciept.

she has the right to see who wrote the check.