Flashy Brooklyn pastor and his wife robbed of more than $1 million in jewelry while preaching

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The only question anyone should be asking is "Why does a pastor have $1M in jewelry?". Preferably followed quickly by a rather unpleasant conversation with the IRS.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dawp

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
The only question anyone should be asking is "Why does a pastor have $1M in jewelry?". Preferably followed quickly by a rather unpleasant conversation with the IRS.

He still has to file his taxes so the income to be able to afford 1M in jewelry as well as his lavish lifestyle should be easily found in his W-2's. If not, he was skimming from the church...

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
He still has to file his taxes so the income to be able to afford 1M in jewelry as well as his lavish lifestyle should be easily found in his W-2's. If not, he was skimming from the church...

Yeah, that was my point. Guessing he can't really explain the income that would be necessary to afford that much jewelry.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Yeah, that was my point. Guessing he can't really explain the income that would be necessary to afford that much jewelry.
the sad part is the people who attend these prosperity (greed) churches give freely expecting it will come back to them and the only ones that profit are the preachers and their families.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
god giveth and god taketh.....
Everyone was born with nothing owned, no clothes, no money, no car or home owned by the baby. At the same time, when one leaves life, everything that they earned (money, car, home, ect....), they leave behind and not take with them.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Oops
Pastor robbed of $1 Million in jewelry sued for allegedly robbing congregant

The lawsuit claims that Whitehead lured saved saint-turned-victim 56-year-old Pauline Anderson into a relationship of trust as she recovered from major surgery, then made off with her hard-earned nest egg. Adding another layer to the cake, Whitehead was also running for office to becomeBrooklyn borough president at the time (he lost). The lawsuit was filed last September in New York Supreme Court in Kings County.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
If religious figures followed the admonition of Bible scriptures intended, we would not be having this discussion. Both Jesus, the Christ, we well as the Apostle Paul ordered first century Christians to pay their taxes.

I am not surprised at the incident.

But I like how one poster immediately went for a racial connection - "he knows Eric Adams." What does that mean? Hizzoner has a bag of stolen loot in his trunk?

Does anyone actually fathom how many of these prosperity and TV pastors know Trump? I am sure more than a few shook his hand warmly, broke bread with him and probably stole a lascivious glance or two at Melania's fake boobs.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
the sad part is the people who attend these prosperity (greed) churches give freely expecting it will come back to them and the only ones that profit are the preachers and their families.
Back in the day, I used to love to get high and watch Dr. Eugene Scott. One time he read a letter from one of his followers who said they'd love to contribute, but the were on the welfare. The good doctor said in quite a nasty way to get a job!.
Gene Scott - Wikipedia

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
If religious figures followed the admonition of Bible scriptures intended, we would not be having this discussion. Both Jesus, the Christ, we well as the Apostle Paul ordered first century Christians to pay their taxes.

But I like how one poster immediately went for a racial connection - "he knows Eric Adams." What does that mean? Hizzoner has a bag of stolen loot in his trunk?

Does anyone actually fathom how many of these prosperity and TV pastors know Trump? I am sure more than a few shook his hand warmly, broke bread with him and probably stole a lascivious glance or two at Melania's fake boobs.

so divisive 🙃

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

so divisive 🙃

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Nah. My comment is not divisive at all. The actual Scriptures might appear divisive.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Back in the day, I used to love to get high and watch Dr. Eugene Scott. One time he read a letter from one of his followers who said they'd love to contribute, but the were on the welfare. The good doctor said in quite a nasty way to get a job!.
Gene Scott - Wikipedia
I can't stomach any of these preachers no matter how fucked up I am.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
The thieves did him a favor. The Bible says it's easier for a camel to pas through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. These rich pastors all make me sick.