Flashback of MTV Video Music Awards moments

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Whatever happened to creativity in the music industry now?

It has been replaced by the marketing department who know what is best for us because they tell us so.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx
While she's definitely not in as good a shape as she used to be, it's no wonder girls these days are starving themselves when people are calling Britney Spears fat. I'll bet few here would have a problem with their woman if she had Britney's body.

It's not that she's fat, it's that she's trying to look like a high class hooker while in the 'not so great' shape she's currently in. If she weren't dressing like a ho, then her form would be perfectly acceptable.

And Sarah Silverman, stfu. She is not funny and very annoying.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Stop talking shit about her figure.

*ANY ONE* of you pimlpy-faced asswipes would kill to be a with a (shape-wise) girl like that.

Yes, her performace sucked ass, but I take offense to the Clearasil-overdosed kids that say she's "too fat".

Don't judge, lest you walk a mile in her shoes.

indamixx99

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2006
MSN reports paparazzi got another shot of her pantyless crotch while entering her car last night? Wow, as if her night wasn't bad already.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: SuperSix

*ANY ONE* of you pimlpy-faced asswipes would kill to be a with a (shape-wise) girl like that.

Yes, her performace sucked ass, but I take offense to the Clearasil-overdosed kids that say she's "too fat".

I feel comfortable saying that she's too fat... to wear what she was wearing.

she looks amazing for someone who's had two kids, but she really should have just worn something a little more conservative (not school marm, but something that covered the stomach and wasn't skin-tight on the legs) and, if she didn't have the athleticism for a ton of heavy dancing, should have done something more low-key to emphasize her voice over her body.

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: SuperSix

I feel comfortable saying that she's too fat... to wear what she was wearing.

she looks amazing for someone who's had two kids, but she really should have just worn something a little more conservative (not school marm, but something that covered the stomach and wasn't skin-tight on the legs) and, if she didn't have the athleticism for a ton of heavy dancing, should have done something more low-key to emphasize her voice over her body.

I agree with everything you've said except the suggestion of emphasizing her voice. What "voice?" No Voice + No Hot Bod is not a recipe for success. Lesser of two evils? Let the world know the bod is gone and hopefully get the lip synching right, or try and actually sing (letting the world no you have no talent) but dress conservatively. Sadly, everyone now knows she has neither her former figure or can "sing".

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
Originally posted by: fallenangel99
nice article about all the bashers calling Britney 'fat'

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBI....britney.ap/index.html

I dont agree with the premise that girls today are pressured to be skinny. If that were true there wouldn't be so many grossly out of shape girls every where I go.

If a girl doesn't have ripped abs in today's media, she's fat. It's really sad.

I also think we need to lay off Britney- she's going to end up killing herself and I think the media is going to be to blame.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
Sort of thought Sarah was dead on with this comment though in regards to Britney:

Wow! She is amazing. She is 25 years old and she's already accomplished everything she's going to accomplish in her life. It's mind blowing

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: theknight571
I'm tired of award shows... except for those where "we, the common folk" get to vote.

Rich people praising themselves, does nothing for me.

I hate all of them and refuse to allow them to be shown in my house.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: sohcrates
britney opened the awards last night and looked awful. even her lip synching was bad. then sara silverman bombed with some awful stand-up.

yea i finally caught it on youtube last night, good god, she had a total lack of care on her face. it was amazing how little effort she seemed to be putting into the performance.

i just wonder which drug she is taking.

i know people are talking about her fat, but i guess thats all you can see from the still pictures. from the video...its her total performance that is jaw droppingly bad.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
I can't believe people watch this shit.

I remember when I was a teenager, that was the in-thing to watch. I remember browsing some of the "shows" back then... and in retrospect, I can now see why our generation is so screwed up. :p