Flashback of MTV Video Music Awards moments

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
Did you guys read what the AP said about her?

As in most train wrecks, it was hard to focus on just one thing as the Britney Spears disaster unfolded. There was just so much that went wrong. Out-of-synch lip-synching. Lethargic movements that seemed choreographed by a dance instructor for a nursing home. The paunch in place of Spears' once-taut belly. At times she just stopped singing altogether, as if even she knew nothing could save her performance

they were being generous.

sarah silvermen straight up trashed her....and just about everyone else. god that was awkward. not single person laughing in the audience.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Here's a youtube of Britney's "performance" last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA4G8pcdXUM

She did terrible, just terrible, with her lip syncing attempt. She looks uncomfortable on stage.
I think she needs to reinvent herself. That virginal vixen she was is gone forever.

i would have died laughing if she'd have followed through with that attempted face plant at the beginning of the show.

and then sarah silverman blew her up immediately afterward. god that was awful. (though the joke about the pot calling the kettle whore was pretty good)

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim

As in most train wrecks, it was hard to focus on just one thing as the Britney Spears disaster unfolded. There was just so much that went wrong. Out-of-synch lip-synching. Lethargic movements that seemed choreographed by a dance instructor for a nursing home. The paunch in place of Spears' once-taut belly. At times she just stopped singing altogether, as if even she knew nothing could save her performance

sarah silvermen straight up trashed her....and just about everyone else. god that was awkward. not single person laughing in the audience.
LOL - I LOL'd at a couple parts... the others... I was just like... :Q

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: meltdown75

you know its bad when the only good thing said is about your vagina.. she said wthat britneys kids were as cute as the bald vagina they came out of ....ahahaha......

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004

you know its bad when the only good thing said is about your vagina.. she said wthat britneys kids were as cute as the bald vagina they came out of ....ahahaha......
...and then proceeded to do the stretched out sideways lips.... bwahahahahahaha!!

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001

Yeah.....that was really a wierd and horrible joke. As were the race jokes.

....the lips thing was hilarious though.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Chris Brown killed it. And even though Kanye threw tantrums, I think his performances in the Playboy suite were crazy, just imagine a hotel party having some drinks with a great artist performing right there shaking hands with you instead of listening to a DJ spin it. Out on the pool balcony singing "The Good Life" - "Got my card back activated/Now I'm back to Vegas..." - Damn, I wish I was there.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: sohcrates
anyway, this thing has to stop soon. how can you even give video awards if you dont air videos?

mtv is dead. it had a good run though. about 20 years

You're too kind, it's more like 15.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
she's not like fat-fat, but she's comparably fat for someone who used to be like a total sex kitten, especially wearing those clothes.

not that she should be dressing like a mennonite school marm, but she doesn't have the body anymore for what she was trying to pull off.

I can't believe she turned down Timberlake's offer to write a come-back song for her.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: loki8481
she's not like fat-fat, but she's comparably fat for someone who used to be like a total sex kitten, especially wearing those clothes.

not that she should be dressing like a mennonite school marm, but she doesn't have the body anymore for what she was trying to pull off.

I can't believe she turned down Timberlake's offer to write a come-back song for her.

She probably figures she can get somebody else to rip off Michael Jackson just as well as he does.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
While she's definitely not in as good a shape as she used to be, it's no wonder girls these days are starving themselves when people are calling Britney Spears fat. I'll bet few here would have a problem with their woman if she had Britney's body.

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx
While she's definitely not in as good a shape as she used to be, it's no wonder girls these days are starving themselves when people are calling Britney Spears fat. I'll bet few here would have a problem with their woman if she had Britney's body.

her figure, fine. i have a huge issue with her body though. god knows how many people she's been to bed with :p

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: EKKC

her figure, fine. i have a huge issue with her body though. god knows how many people she's been to bed with :p
You don't like sloppy thousandths?! LOL who am I kidding, I'd still hit it!!! w00t!!

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
she has a nice body, but it's not the way it used to be which was nicer. i don't think the beaded bikini and fishnet stockings she was wearing really complimented her figure.

i was actually routing for her. i hoped she would do well since so many eyes were on her. i've also read that she'd been partying it up hard with P. Diddy and Paris all weekend, (dancing on tables, etc.) and that may be part of the reason she couldn't keep up with her dancers on stage.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I have said it before but I will say it again.

The saddest part is that this girl is a MOTHER of two children!

She is an attention whore who cannot bare the fact that she now sucks...bad! And she will do anything, including going on stage high to give a fvcked up performance, to get the attention she wants. Look at it, everyone is talking about her today. That is what she wants.

Meanwhile, she's probably back at home, getting stoned and drunk in front of her babies...if they are even around...probably being driven around by some unlicensed nanny who doesn't know how to operate car seats or seat belts. In other words, now that the spotlight is off her for being preggors, she wants nothing to do with the kids anymore. What will they grow up to be? What example is she setting?

She needs to go away. MTV needs to go away. The RIAA and its quest to promote pretty bodies needs to go away. What the world needs is grassroots music. People, be they fat and ugly or not but have a passion for music, need to write, need to sing, and need to somehow get their music out there. Industrialized music, where the lyrics are written by a marketing team that thinks it knows what teens want, needs to go away. Forever.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
She was pretty good looking in the video. However, the performance was god awful.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
People always talk about how such and such celebrity is such a great mom.....because they hire the best nanny money can buy while they continue to hit the clubs and drink themselves unconscious after loading up on prescription pills every night.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
People always talk about how such and such celebrity is such a great mom.....because they hire the best nanny money can buy while they continue to hit the clubs and drink themselves unconscious after loading up on prescription pills every night.

Really? I thought people were always harping on celebrities for being bad parents. I don't think I've ever heard Britney Spears accused of being a good mom, for example.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
Originally posted by: sohcrates
britney opened the awards last night and looked awful. even her lip synching was bad. then sara silverman bombed with some awful stand-up.

the rest was typical mtv. flashes of celebrities. fast cut scenes to "VIP parties" which were little rooms where people were performing.

and it was only 2 hours rather than 3.

anyway, this thing has to stop soon. how can you even give video awards if you dont air videos?

mtv is dead. it had a good run though. about 20 years

I didn't understand these cuts...

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Gooberlx2

Really? I thought people were always harping on celebrities for being bad parents. I don't think I've ever heard Britney Spears accused of being a good mom, for example.

there are a couple celebrities who are touted as being great parents (well, comparably great, for celebrities), but they're generally not the same people who are hitting the party circuit.