FLAMING HOT! MAXTOR 80GB 7200RPM $14.97 or $4.97 at Staples B&M >>YMMV by Region<<

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MuthaFaker

Jul 12, 2001
bump for an opinion.....

Well....i got no staples here but however, I did the pricematch in my local CompUSA where there is only 30+10 MIR. So its like 79.99 - 40 = 39.99 + tax AR. Was wondering if this is a good deal or its gonna be at this price later on? I was thinking of returning it if its not a good deal.

ididit

Aug 16, 2002

thnx a lot. where can i find effective printable staples coupon?
any suggestion? PM me if possible

rolleye.gif

amitamit

Jul 13, 2001
TheSpankster22,

what is the code for your 30 off 150 coupon you used?

I can't find that one anywhere online. They are all expired.

Thanks

AM

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
there is a rebate for both staples AND staples.com at the Maxtor web site.

The rebate at staples rebate center website all say staples.com in the fine print. I called them about this and they don't care about this. However make sure that you send the correct one to maxtor because if not they will invalidate your rebate.

i.e if you have a staples.com rebate from maxtor they require a copy of the packing slip not a.

linuxthinker

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
So I am guessing that those last two PDFs posted were the accurate ones. How would one go about explaining a photocopied UPC for one of the rebates?

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
As of this October, all Maxtor warranties are dropped to 1 yr, including retail boxed.

Maybe he's confusing that with IBM?

Never heard of Maxtor making any changes, I could see IBM changing things but Maxtor?
Please provide the details on this!

linuxthinker

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
It's definately not IBM. IBM is out of the harddrive business :)

They sold off their entire HDD divison to Hitachi a few months back.

ididit

Aug 16, 2002
Originally posted by: Wheezer
there is a rebate for both staples AND staples.com at the Maxtor web site.

The rebate at staples rebate center website all say staples.com in the fine print. I called them about this and they don't care about this. However make sure that you send the correct one to maxtor because if not they will invalidate your rebate.

i.e if you have a staples.com rebate from maxtor they require a copy of the packing slip not a.

the manager only gave me one rebate form, although they print out three forms. :( it's for FL.

can I still use staples rebate form online?

:eek:

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
1. go to staples.com and print off the rebate that goes with your drive and date of purchase.

2. go to maxtor.com and download the rebate from them paying attention to where you bought the drive (staples OR staples.com)

3. Also make sure that the rebates you download from staples.com and maxtor are not going to the same department, otherwise you will get denied because of multiple submissions.

4. The original UPC goes with the MAXTOR rebate and a copy of the UPC will be accepted by staples because there is a manufacturer rebate.

ChrisOjeda

May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Oakenfold
As of this October, all Maxtor warranties are dropped to 1 yr, including retail boxed.

Maybe he's confusing that with IBM?

Never heard of Maxtor making any changes, I could see IBM changing things but Maxtor?
Please provide the details on this!

This is actually true... DOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

MysticMan1

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2000
On sat. I used the BB tag to PM the 80GB MAXTOR for $74.97, but they give me the wrong hard drive (the 5400RPM one), so I return it on Sun. and got the 7200RPM drive, but they screwed up again, instead of doing the PM all over again they subtracted the $79.97 from the price of the 80GB 7200RPM drive ($129.99), and sold it to me for $50.11 + tax. :p You should have seen her face when the three rebates forms printed out (two are the same rebates), I just started laughing and said that a lot of paper. So after I send in the two $30 rebates, I will get paid (after taxes) $6.86 for taking a 80GB MAXTOR 7200RPM hard drive out of the store. ;)

BTY : I found another MAXTOR 80GB 7200RPM $30 rebate. This one is not for a particular store, it just says "authorized reseller", Expires 9-30 and goes to McAllen TX. offer (#02-49300) MAXTOR 80GB 7200RPM $30 rebate

ididit

Aug 16, 2002
Originally posted by: MysticMan1
On sat. I used the BB tag to PM the 80GB MAXTOR for $74.97, but they give me the wrong hard drive (the 5400RPM one), so I return it on Sun. and got the 7200RPM drive, but they screwed up again, instead of doing the PM all over again they subtracted the $79.97 from the price of the 80GB 7200RPM drive ($129.99), and sold it to me for $50.11 + tax. :p You should have seen her face when the three rebates forms printed out (two are the same rebates), I just started laughing and said that a lot of paper. So after I send in the two $30 rebates, I will get paid (after taxes) $6.86 for taking a 80GB MAXTOR 7200RPM hard drive out of the store. ;)

BTY : I found another MAXTOR 80GB 7200RPM $30 rebate. This one is not for a particular store, it just says "authorized reseller", Expires 9-30 and goes to McAllen TX. offer (#02-49300) MAXTOR 80GB 7200RPM $30 rebate

can you tell us which two rebate forms you got? the dept codes and mailing addr.?
:confused: