(FIXED)Vid of CamaroSS burning ricers econoboxes left and right

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hemicuda

Banned
Aug 6, 2002
well im glad some of you enjoyed it :) i can just picture the guys at their desks getting a boner out of the fact hes going to bitch in my thread about the vid or about its download speeds.

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Notfred, that's a freeway? Just looks like a big street to me. Camaro SS are badass but they can't handle for sh!t. I wish they made RWD/AWD GTi's, RSX's, and Celicas (man has Toyota ruined that car). Mustangs have better handling but it's overpriced for what you get, and I'd take a WRX over it. That is a bit overpriced too though and I'd take an AWD GTI or RSX over those. RSX Type S and GTI VR6 are both sweet cars but I don't like the fact that they're fwd. That holds them back IMO.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: notfred
racing in traffic on the freeway sucks.

no kidding. goto the track and quit driving like a dumbass on public roads....

hemicuda

Banned
Aug 6, 2002
who are you 2 addressing about public road racing sucking?do you think just because i posted this video i personally know the makers and pass the message on for you?or that i personally condone it?really though stop the bitching

Desslok

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
Are are these kids even trying to race a SS? Damn they must be stupid. Or they must think hey my 100 shot of NOS will make up for the lack of 4 cylinders. What I love is these punks think just because they can drive fast they know how to handle a car. I will challenege any econbox driver to 5 laps on a real track.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: hemicuda
who are you 2 addressing about public road racing sucking?do you think just because i posted this video i personally know the makers and pass the message on for you?or that i personally condone it?really though stop the bitching

dude, calm down.

i didn't say, "hemicuda, quit driving like a dumass." I didn't say, "hemicuda, your friends are dumbasses." Nor did I say, "hemicuda, you're a dumbass for condoning racing on public roads." My statement was rhetoric.

hemicuda, quit your bitching.

hemicuda

Banned
Aug 6, 2002
why did you bother commenting at all atleast my post had a purpose and that was to share this video I thought was funny

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
You need to edit you title to include domestic cars as well since I saw another Camaro in there. Maybe the guy gets such a thrill out of "stomping" stock four bangers because he can't drive worth a sh!t. That was a waste of bandwidth.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Cattlegod
i'd like to see that car go against my buddies supra. he has the boost limiters taken off, runs 20lbs

I raced a Supra turbo tonight coming home from Atlanta to Bham. I didn't even spray him and pulled the hell out of him. About 5-6 car lengths when we got to 100MPH. Before anyone bitches at me we were in an area with NO cars.

Mill

Zclyh3

Banned
Oct 16, 2001
Also, it's not fair anyways. If they brought over japanese cars that were stock and NOT toned down, then it would be a fair game. Nissan's new 350Z will dust that Camaro SS like nothing. The Subaru Impreza WRX STI will take that sh!t anyday. So will the Lancer Evolution VII.

Lastly, racing on the street is very dangerous. When you kill someone, you will bear that responsibility for the rest of your life.

REAL racers race the track. They play it safe.

Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Zclyh3
Also, it's not fair anyways. If they brought over japanese cars that were stock and NOT toned down, then it would be a fair game. Nissan's new 350Z will dust that Camaro SS like nothing. The Subaru Impreza WRX STI will take that sh!t anyday. So will the Lancer Evolution VII.

Lastly, racing on the street is very dangerous. When you kill someone, you will bear that responsibility for the rest of your life.

THe 350z runs low 14's in the 1/4, SS low 13's/high 12's depending on driver and car.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
All you people care about is drag racing. REAL racers know that drag racing isn't everything. Can your Camaro SS do this? Or should I say...CAN YOU DO THIS?

Racers call it "drifting" for all you wannabe racers

Let me see. Drag racing is a professional organized sport. Drifting is not, unless I jsut don't know aobut the Professional Drifting League. If you'll watch any professional road race event, you'll notice that the driver's DON'T do that.

Maybe you should rethink what counts as "real racing".

why did you bother commenting at all...

For the exact same reason that you say "thieves are assholes, if anyone I knew was a thief, I'd kick his ass" when you overhear your brother and his friend contemplating shoplifting.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: iamme
All you people care about is drag racing. REAL racers know that drag racing isn't everything. Can your Camaro SS do this? Or should I say...CAN YOU DO THIS?

Racers call it "drifting" for all you wannabe racers

Damn, that was pretty cool :)

YOU feel me iamme? That's RACING.

I've always had more respect for people who drive the twisties, rather than those who just stomp on the gas pedal and go in a line.

Zclyh3

Banned
Oct 16, 2001
Let me see. Drag racing is a professional organized sport. Drifting is not, unless I jsut don't know aobut the Professional Drifting League. If you'll watch any professional road race event, you'll notice that the driver's DON'T do that.

I'm talking about racing in GENERAL. Maybe drivers don't do that cause they DON'T KNOW how to do it. I would love to see American road racing with drifting like that. That's professionalism right there.

Thanatopsis

Golden Member
Feb 7, 2000

I'm talking about racing in GENERAL. Maybe drivers don't do that cause they DON'T KNOW how to do it. I would love to see American road racing with drifting like that. That's professionalism right there.

You're an idiot. You think sliding sideways on tires takes professionalism? Sure, it may look cool for a video, but while your pile of rice is sliding sideways on its tires, a better driver will simply be passinging you on the inside, with the wheels actually rolling the way they're supposed to.

Besides, who was he racing in that drifting video? The dust-devil pixie?

There are many forms of racing. You, like a fanatical Muslim, believe that your way is RIGHT. No sense in arguing with you - you'll just go on and on about how your favorite car may be slower in the straightline, but can kick ass in the "twisties." Good for you. I might as well argue that my favorite car is better in the straightline and I could care less about the "twisties." Guess what? It's a goddamn difference of opinion.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Umm... the 350Z is NOWHERE near the power level that the SS or Z28 has. Evan Smith drove a stock Z28 to a 12. My friend's '01 Z28(I have posted this time before) went 12.83 with just a cut-out. I wasn't aware the 350Z was that fast. It must be the 350Z Type-R Turboed Supercharged with 600HP nitrous shot. I guess the U.S. just can't handle that considering all Japanese cars are limited to 285BHP or is it 280BHP?

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Millenium,

It is 285 but that is usually just the number on paper. I still don't think the 350Z is that fast though.

Edit - It is also ugly.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Wow, a video of a bunch of dumb rednecks
rolleye.gif

I'd rather see a video of those retards getting in a wreck. At least that would be exciting
rolleye.gif

NotoriousJTC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2000
you gotta love the way that guy wholeshots other unsuspecting cars, and then laughs at them..... That, must've been real fun. :eek:

alphatarget1

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
you don't see they use drifting as a technique in F1 do you? drifting is NOT racing, it's merely a technique.