Five Tornadoes In My County

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
The other day, there were 5 tornadoes in Bucks County. The worst one happened on the far side of my county and caused some major damage, but a lesser one happened just a couple of miles from my house. :eek:

Plumstead Township Tornado
Rating: EF-1
Estimated Peak Wind: 90 mph
Path Length /statute/: 2.6 miles
Path Width /maximum/: 70 yards
Fatalities: 0
Injuries: 0
NWS investigation findings:
"Tree damage began in the area of Bradshaw Rd in Plumstead Twp in Bucks County, where a few sizable limbs were downed and a couple of larger but weakened trees were snapped. The tornado then entered a cornfield near the intersection of Ferry Rd and Point Pleasant Pike. Some degree of convergence was noted in a narrow path of downed corn, though it was not overly strong. In addition, some trees adjacent to and southeast of the cornfield were also damaged. The damage became more substantial with a clearer rotation signature observed in the area of Ridgeview Dr, where a number of trees were snapped, favoring higher elevation areas along a ridge line.

The snapping and shearing of trees in that area and the nature of the debris field strongly indicated tornadic damage, with the magnitude of damage meriting an EF1 rating. The tornado continued southeastward through Carversville Rd and to the area of Long Ln in Buckingham Twp. Several residences along and near Long Ln sustained tree damage. The tornado impacted Maximuck`s Farm Market on Long Ln, where greenhouses sustained roof damage and some uplift of their frames.

Some convergence was also noted in crop fields on the property. Just southeast of the greenhouses, a barn on the property was heavily damaged with a partial collapse of its walls. However, just beyond the barn, a large stretch of cornfields and a tree line beyond the cornfields were left untouched, indicating the tornado lifted near the damaged barn."

Folks, the area I live in that has never been any sort of tornado alley! The retrograde, anti-science fucktards who energetically deny climate change should be slapped repeatedly with a very wet trout.
7G3zITG.png

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Here in New England the local weathercasters get panic in their voices on the rare occasions when we go above the slight risk level. So glad I don't live where those thins are common.

Reactions: Captante

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
My twin brother and I were wrecked by an EF-4 at the end of March. We've had one crisis after another since then. Mostly related to the tornado disaster.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ajay and Captante

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
My twin brother and I were wrecked by an EF-4 at the end of March. We've had crisis after another since then. Mostly related to the tornado disaster.
So sorry to hear that, good sir. The one nearest me was but an EF-1, but even that could have caused some serious damage to my new roof from the several large trees near my house. Another of the 5 that hit my county was an EF-3 and DID do serious damage. It's a miracle no one was killed or seriously hurt.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Glad to hear no one was hurt there Perknose.
There was an EF-0 on Thursday near here. No injuries but some roofs were ripped off of barns & houses. I'm on the other side of the state as Perk.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
We don't get many tornado's in CT and those we do get are usually on the weak side. Still can easily take off roof's and level weaker secondary buildings.

No lifting FREIGHT TRAINS like toys (!!!) the way F5's in the mid-west can sometimes.

Tornado lifts train from tracks (and only an F3)

I can't find the picture at the moment but a guy caught pics of an F5 that was carrying a bunch of debris in a cloud... upon zooming way in what appeared to be garbage/shingles etc was actually SEVERAL train cars an 18-wheeler and a bunch of passenger-cars! (some with people in them)

:oops:

I've been close to a few waterspouts and they're scary enough!

Last edited:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I live in the far north end of Tornado Alley in North America. We average maybe 1 - 3 tornadoes a year. Usually F0 - F1.

Outside of my area has been hit harder this year with several F1 - F3 tornadoes including one that severely damaged the city of Barrie.

All of ours are caused by lines of severe thunderstorms.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Damn it missed. Off to realign the super magnets on my weather machine.

Nov 8, 2012
Heh, one of the reason I always laugh when people think it's stupid to live near the gulf (where most hurricanes hit). I'll take warnings and week-advance notice over abrupt forest fires, earthquakes, and tornados.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Heh, one of the reason I always laugh when people think it's stupid to live near the gulf (where most hurricanes hit). I'll take warnings and week-advance notice over abrupt forest fires, earthquakes, and tornados.

That was a huge help to New Orleans and Galveston.

Nov 8, 2012
Hurricane Ike hit that area of Texas in 2008. It only caused 34 billion dollars in damage.

O.... Kay?

MissedThePoint.jpg

My point was that I would much rather have advance warning to evacuate instead of fires, tornadoes, and earthquakes that are more... immediate.

You know, human lives over property that I have insurance for....

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
O.... Kay?

MissedThePoint.jpg

My point was that I would much rather have advance warning to evacuate instead of fires, tornadoes, and earthquakes that are more... immediate.
My point is that tons of people lose their shit and livelihood regardless. Deaths from hurricane Ike were more than the California wildfires in the last few years. Add up all the hurricanes in the gulf and you'd get some crazy numbers.

It's all pretty relative. They are all terrible natural disasters.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
At 12:04 Midnight on March 26th of this year I took a direct hit from the strongest part of a long-track EF-4 that went 38.9 miles right through “The City of Homes.” The NWS report says one death and no injuries but that simply isn’t true. Though the death was in the immediate aftermath*, that’s also when I broke my arm. Still haven’t fully recovered use of my right arm and may never.

*heart attack with no emergency response due to inpassable roads

The same NWS report and others all agree:
The tornado reached it’s peak just as it entered my neighborhood (Woodrow Place) and guess who is [was] the very first house from the direction of the tornado… me. It tried to pick up the house but got the roof, balcony, workbench, car, etc instead. We were lucky: Other neighbors didn’t have a single wall left… wiped clean off their foundations. Two of them were the exact houses used to determine that it was an EF-4 since they were recent construction with known building codes, unlike all the historic homes giving Newnan the byline “City of Homes.” In all, the official number is 1,800 homes damaged… though I bet that is underestimated just like the injury count.

Even today, months later, many places look like the Tunguska Event happened here. Of course, it wasn’t just one tornado: It was a super outbreak across multiple states. FEMA denied individual aid, which they say is unprecedented for a disaster of this scale. The insurance check for my car went to my injury so I still don’t have a car and could really use that individual aid. :(

Edit: I put some videos here…

Edit: A large playlist of nearly every related video I could find…

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Iron Woode