First water cooling build

pumba62

Apr 4, 2016
Hi. I have just build my first WC pc. I am cooling 2x GTX 970 Strix @ c:1481 mem: 2000 default voltage and i5 6600k @ 4.4 default voltage too. I went for overkill setup to be able to have all my Be quiet! fans @5v so theoretically it should be quiet. Currently the noisiest component is the HDD so I am happy as it goes to sleep after 1min anyway. Problem I have is the temps are constantly rising from 26-40 very quickly and then slowly (2h) to 60 and on. I am using 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 420mm 1x XSPC EX480 and 1x Magicool slimline 240mm. Is there any other way to stop the temps from rising other than go for 7v on the fans? I got 15 fans in total 2 rads in push 1 rad push/pull 1 pull.My d5 vario is set for speed 5 and I am happy with noise level. I use Heatkiller 4 on my cpu and EK blocks on GPU`s. Any advice would be appreciated.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
If temperatures are rising up to 60 and staying there, that is the equilibrium point of the system. You'll either have to increase fan speed, use more radiators, or somehow reduce the power draw of your components.

Are any of the rads drawing in cool air from outside the case? With that much surface area on the rads you should be getting better temps actually. Only other thing I can think of is that those fans at 5v don't push much air.

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Can you describe a little more on your system and the testing that's netting 60C temps? I'm going to guess you're talking about CPU temperatures here, correct? It sounds like the immediate jump is just the delta you get from the CPU die to the liquid. Short of delidding there's probably not a whole lot you can do about that.

A 20C rise over time as the system equalizes though seems really strange. Even at low fan speed, you should have more than enough cooling to handle the amount of power you're putting into the loop. Where is your case located, and is the ambient temperature in that location also rising significantly? Also, what Be Quiet fans do you have, and what kind of RPM are they reporting at 5V?

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
what temp is going from 24->60C

gpu? cpu?

cuz that is fine... its not considered bad in some cases, if you consider the stock temp of your gpu to be like 80C loaded on normal air for both the cpu and gpu core temps.

if your talking about 60C coolant temp... well now u got problems.

pumba62

Apr 4, 2016
Thank you for all the responses. I am using Core X9 cube case The 480rad is pulling air from outside on the bottom and 420 rad is doing the same on the top then another 420 on top is pushing out and the same with 240 at the front. In regards the temperature I am getting 60 on gpu and it stays there for a while. I never play that long to see what will happen after 6h. The CPU jumps from 40-60-68 sometimes. The thing is this build is meant to be a present for someone eventually and I don`t want to compromise. It will be used in a living room with ambient of about 20. The problem there I have is this person is considering a PS4 a loud thing. I came across term "bleeding" the system and to be fair from what I have seen on youtube I am bit worried to carry this out. May this have affect on the cooling?

guskline

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2006
I have 3 480s in my X9 and I have the 2 in the roof with the fans pushing out and the one to the right lower with the fans pushing in. I haver the 200mm fan intake and 2 140mm fans exhausting in the rear.