First test for the Obamabots

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: SlingXShot
The checks only help those who don't have CC debt.. where they can go and buy a new TV made in China...

fixed :(

it seems like it'd be faster to just cut a check made out to China instead of giving it to the american people to give to China.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
What effect DID the first round have? Anything? I don't remember hearing much about it after they started cutting checks... I spent a bit of mine in the local economy. Some of it's still in the bank whilst I waffle about getting a PS3 or not.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
What kind of "change" is that?

I could swear I just got a rebate from the President.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Doc Savage Fan
Where are all the Obama supporters...I'd like to see their thoughts on this.

I'm almost surprised that there hasn't been nary a word from the 1st Royal AT BHO Brigade about this after a day.

Almost....

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: lupi
Originally posted by: Robor
"Such relief can't wait until the next president takes office. ... That's why I've called for another round of fiscal stimulus, an immediate $50 billion to help those who've been hit hardest by this economic downturn," Obama told a crowd in Raleigh, N.C.

Who is the 'those' he's talking about here and how much are they going to get? What is the qualification for this?

I'm sure it's not that wage group that was voting 75-25 for Clinton over the last dozen primary elections. Nope, no way would this be about pandering.

Ah, then it's mostly aimed at lesser educated people, old people, and racists. Gotcha. :roll:

Edit: Never mind... Found my answer at the bottom of the article. Missed that before.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Delita
Originally posted by: eskimospy
You are a strange creature. You realize stimulus packages like this are by definition one time expenditures that are designed to be financed through government debt in the hopes that they would have a greater positive effect in heading off an economic recession? I mean you can think the stimulus package is a bad idea, but asking what programs would be cut to pay for it is retarded. Shocking, another subject you are desperately flailing about with in order to attack Obama.

Another Keynesian. I though you guys learned your lesson in the the 70's.

I'm not a Keynesian, I'm just saying that asking about cutting other spending for this is a stupid way to attack Obama. I didn't say I supported the stimulus package (I don't). You should read more closely.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
so we're seriously going to get a $1000 stimulus check next? The government is just going to keep paying for us to live outside of our means indefinitely now?

This is going to be SO funny when it all blows up.. I mean, it'd be funnier if I was one of those rich 1%'ers who wont have to worry about food or shelter once the economy tanks, but I plan on having a good laugh all the same.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Doc Savage Fan
Where are all the Obama supporters...I'd like to see their thoughts on this.

When a steam ship sails up a filthy river, shit bobs up and down in the water. On forums, threads do too. Ants that cross the path to my house occasionally get stepped on. I guess the story sometimes makes it into Ant News Daily.