First ride: 2004 Honda Rune

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
I must say, I'm not a cruiser guy, but this is a pretty neat bike. :D

The Rune's 1832cc six-cylinder engine (derived from the Gold Wing, but modified for even higher performance) is the heart and soul of this bike. Honda claims this massive power plant puts out more torque than any other production motorcycle engine, and we believe it. With six, separate 32mm throttle bodies, and a huge, 6.9 liter airbox feeding this angry beast of an engine, it also breathes more freely through a higher-flowing (and superb sounding) exhaust system.

Earlier "preview" article with more pics and details.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Fausto1

The Rune's 1832cc six-cylinder engine (derived from the Gold Wing, but modified for even higher performance) is the heart and soul of this bike. Honda claims this massive power plant puts out more torque than any other production motorcycle engine, and we believe it. With six, separate 32mm throttle bodies, and a huge, 6.9 liter airbox feeding this angry beast of an engine, it also breathes more freely through a higher-flowing (and superb sounding) exhaust system.

Ahem

:D

Viper GTS

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

Ahem

Viper GTS
Yeah, but try to make one of those things go around a corner.

Besides, the BossHoss has a production car engine.....not a motorcycle engine. :p

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Gulzakar
american bikes suck
Thanks for sharing. Was that your "big thought" for the day? Are you going to need a rest after bestowing that huge personal revelation on us?

rolleye.gif

Jun 18, 2000

Ahem

Viper GTS

Besides, the BossHoss has a production car engine.....not a motorcycle engine. :p
In other words: The BossHoss isn't a production bike model, while the Rune is (will be). That is one sweeeet bike. At 750lbs that has to be a bitch to maneuver through a parking lot.:Q

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: KnightBreed

Ahem

Viper GTS

In other words: The BossHoss isn't a production bike model, while the Rune is (will be). That is one sweeeet bike. At 750lbs that has to be a bitch to maneuver through a parking lot.:Q
Not much different than a Goldwing, I'd guess. The real trick is to never, never, never park the thing with the nose facing downhill when you need to back up to get out. I made this mistake with my Triumph a few times and would have to get someone to push from the front so I could get out. :eek:

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Only thing I'd really change would be to bob that rear fender a bit. It's kinda chunky-looking as it is now.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Only thing I'd really change would be to bob that rear fender a bit. It's kinda chunky-looking as it is now.

I would make it curved (horizontally) instead of cylindrical.

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Not much of a cruiser man myself, either, but that'd definitely get a second look.

Doesn't matter what kind of bike you ride; you can always appreciate something nice.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Gulzakar
yes fausto, that is my revelation

*snickers at fausto*

american bikes suck
That's great. Especially since this thread is about the newest cruiser by HONDA.

Dumbass.
rolleye.gif