First PC built. But not booting.

garagegymer

May 19, 2019
Below is my PC parts:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VbxGpG

The parts were picked according to a video on youtube. The same video also showed me how to put everything together step by step.
Here is the video

My symptoms are after pressing power button on PC case:

1. All fans are working (case fans, PSU fan, graphics card fans, CPU cooler fan)
  2. USB ports are not outputting power to mouse or keyboard
  3. Motherboard LED lights are all completely dark.
  4. Displayport no signal, and computer does not look like it is booting up at all.
I'm a complete newbie and in the dark on what to do next, but I suspect it's a motherboard defective issue?

Thank you for in advance!

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
Have you rechecked the motherboard 24 pin connector is fully attached?

On my phone and video isn't loading. Did you install the motherboard standoff/risers in the h500 case before installing the motherboard nvm seems like the h500 should have them preinstalled

garagegymer

May 19, 2019
Have you rechecked the motherboard 24 pin connector is fully attached?

On my phone and video isn't loading. Did you install the motherboard standoff/risers in the h500 case before installing the motherboard?

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I have checked all power cables and they're definitely all properly attached, including the 8 pin cpu power connector and the 24 pin connector. The H500 case has built in standoffs, so it was already ready to accept the motherboard. The thing is, no motherboard LED lights are on, and according to the motherboard manual, the LED are needed to figure out what's going on, so I'm just a loss what to do next.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Time to start "bread-boarding" the build. Plug in the PSU, to the mobo, install the CPU, one stick of RAM, and a PC speaker/beeper, and short the power-on I/O pins with a screwdriver. See if you hear a POST beep, or any beep, any LED activity on the board if it has them, etc.

Edit: And if the PSU has a rear power switch, make sure that switch is set to ON as well.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
all signs point towards a PSU issue. That is assuming he is trying to boot a basic setup (MB, CPU, ram and PSU).