FIRST IMPRESSION - Rainbow Six Seige - Closed Beta

hbbaboy

Sep 25, 2015
Rainbow Six Siege - Closed beta is pretty awesome. They have weapon skins like CS GO and unique gaming First Person Shooter qualities. The running key is like call of duty. You get to break into a fortified barricaded building , breaking wooden installment of windows. You can do this with wall explosives or shooting the wooden windows down . You get to climb on top and round buildings with ropes. Change views up and down the walls and change positions. The shooting is pretty accurate , and at any moment if your holding down the fort the swat sometimes don't come in from one direction. They break in all together from different locations breaching the barricade. It's very entertaining and intense. The game is revolved around teamwork and microphone communication. One guy look right, one guy look left, for example. You need to teamwork in order to get anywhere , not really a personal kill points game. The more people u have survived the confrontation, the better the odds of winning the round. 5 stars out of 5 stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPniMoUqepY

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
I received my key in my inbox which apparantly can be redeemed on steam but steam just tells me it's an invalid code. So yeah, not a great start :/

*edit*

OK after unlocking this through uPlay (ugh) and playing a few hours today I had a LOT of fun, the game is really dynamic, it has that BFBC2 feel to it where you can use the environment to your advantage, blow holes in walls, to shoot through or breach through, loads of little cool toys to use. You can rappel down buildings and breach windows it's so much fun. I also love that most of the little gadgets and tools you can use to secure the environment have counters, so the attackers can deploy little spy bots to safely find the defenders, but the defenders can jam them, the attackers can breach walls and door and even ceilings/floors but the defenders can reinforce them to make it impossible to breach, it's all surprisingly well done and surprisingly well balanced apart from maybe the shield which seems really hard to kill.

I definitely recommend trying the beta, I'll be playing a lot more of this.

Last edited:

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
I like the game but it felt like there is a lot of camping going on. Basically you set up and wait for players to enter, get the drop on them then round over.. Guys shooting through walls to kill you while laying on the floor. I get that's the game type but just seems meh to me.

The Terrorist Hunt was fun, I need to see what other game types will be in the game.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
Yeah that's kinda the point of the bomb game mode, you have to protect it and you're given barricades and all sorts of tools to set up with. The trick as the attackers is to be coordinated in your breaches into the defended area so you're not picked off one by one and to cause confusion and misdirection where possible.

There's so many different tools available across all the characters, if you're just going in blind with guns then you'll die to a good defence, you need to do stuff like set breach charges on one side of the room and then run around to another breach point and then set off the breach charge to distract people and make them think you're breaching from one side, then bash in the door and hit them from behind. Scaring and confusing the campers is super easy with greandes, you can even wheel in little remote controlled drones to survey the area (after the initial setup stage), throw in smoke, or stun grenades.

There's a lot of nuance to the game when you start to realise the complexities of it, for example most people carry breach charges but the defenders can erect shielded walls which stop those charges from blowing holes in the wall, but then one of the attacker special classes has a thermite charge which can burn through that wall, it has a burn time of 3-5 seconds which alerts them you're coming and a great tool for misdirection since it gives them time to focus on it while you rapel in through windows behind them.

Coordinated beaches with shields is good, the shield doesn't carry breach charges I don't think, so if you work together with someone with them, they can breach for you, the sheild goes through first and soaks up all their fire, and then immediately behind the shield you want another 1-2 people run in behind his cover with assault weapons

You need to play a few games and get some renown (you can get some from just watching the tutorials) and unlock some of the characters to use in multiplayer, it's the characters special abilities that make the game really.

Having said all that, the actual beta looks like a total mess right now, a 4 day beta isn't long enough to learn anything significant, lots of people didn't receive their activation key even being guaranteed one via pre order, so it looks like this might become a hot mess pretty fast if they don't do some damage control.

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
Yeah that's kinda the point of the bomb game mode, you have to protect it and you're given barricades and all sorts of tools to set up with. The trick as the attackers is to be coordinated in your breaches into the defended area so you're not picked off one by one and to cause confusion and misdirection where possible.

There's so many different tools available across all the characters, if you're just going in blind with guns then you'll die to a good defence, you need to do stuff like set breach charges on one side of the room and then run around to another breach point and then set off the breach charge to distract people and make them think you're breaching from one side, then bash in the door and hit them from behind. Scaring and confusing the campers is super easy with greandes, you can even wheel in little remote controlled drones to survey the area (after the initial setup stage), throw in smoke, or stun grenades.

There's a lot of nuance to the game when you start to realise the complexities of it, for example most people carry breach charges but the defenders can erect shielded walls which stop those charges from blowing holes in the wall, but then one of the attacker special classes has a thermite charge which can burn through that wall, it has a burn time of 3-5 seconds which alerts them you're coming and a great tool for misdirection since it gives them time to focus on it while you rapel in through windows behind them.

Coordinated beaches with shields is good, the shield doesn't carry breach charges I don't think, so if you work together with someone with them, they can breach for you, the sheild goes through first and soaks up all their fire, and then immediately behind the shield you want another 1-2 people run in behind his cover with assault weapons

You need to play a few games and get some renown (you can get some from just watching the tutorials) and unlock some of the characters to use in multiplayer, it's the characters special abilities that make the game really.

Having said all that, the actual beta looks like a total mess right now, a 4 day beta isn't long enough to learn anything significant, lots of people didn't receive their activation key even being guaranteed one via pre order, so it looks like this might become a hot mess pretty fast if they don't do some damage control.
Yeah since my last post I've played more and starting to enjoy it a little more. Playing with a couple friends makes a big difference.

They mentioned this game isnt coming with a single player campaign so I'm curious now how much content this will come with on release day.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I got the closed beta invite or whatever, but only installed it and haven't actually tried it yet. Well, I watched the tutorial videos but that's it.

It does seem like it's a very team-focused game. I guess you could just hop on a public server and do your own thing, but it seems like you'd get wasted if the other team was even half working together.

I guess I'll have to play a few games and see how it is.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
Yeah playing with friends or even just using voice comms with randoms to help coordinate makes a MASSIVE difference, basic coordination across text is impossible but with comms you can do some epic stuff. I was the only one using them in my last game but even with that we managed to coordinate setting up 3 breach charges one on each section of the garage door in the residential map and blew them all together which made an epic mess and completely exposed their defense.

Last edited:

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
With the way Ubisoft has been ruining games the past year or so, I was very worried about the next Rainbow Six, here's hoping they don't botch it.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
They're sending out beta code invites to some members to pass on to friends, I thought I'd post some of mine here, if you use one please let me know either via a PM or post so i can cross off the ones already gone.

MDCC-BJEB-M4PP-MAVJ
V7GH-X98A-LJ8A-C9QW
PDWM-VH7E-C3BN-AAKB

Warning the beta is only open until Oct 4th and you need uPlay installed to redeem the keys, the download is about 11Gb.