First Devil May Cry announced to release on Switch in 2019...Tweaktown

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
First Devil May Cry announced to release on Switch in 2019 - Tweaktown

Capcom will be bringing the first Devil May Cry game to the Nintendo Switch in the Summer of 2019

Capcom has begun the process of bringing their very well-known hack n' slash franchise Devil May Cry over to Nintendo's portable console. The first Devil May Cry will arrive on the Switch this Summer

Capcom Twitter Announcement

The announcement comes from the official Devil May Cry Twitter account, where Capcom have revealed that Nintendo Switch players will be able to step into the shoes of the legendary Dante in the original Devil May Cry. This announcement has come after both the producer and director of the Devil May Cry franchise expressed their love for the Nintendo Switch, saying that they want to see "everything on Switch".

This will just be the start of Capcom bringing over the Devil May Cry franchise, as after the release of the first game onto the Switch Capcom will follow with the sequels in the franchise. This is not officially confirmed and is purely my personal speculation, but I find it extremely hard to believe that Capcom will just stop the ports at the first Devil May Cry and not aim to eventually bring over the recently released Devil May Cry 5. Dante will be arriving on the Nintendo Switch in the first Devil May Cry sometime this Summer. When a more accurate release date is revealed I will be sure to update you with a follow up post.