First day of contacts. There STUCK ON MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheLonelyPhoenix

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2004
When I first got my contacts, they told me not to leave them in more than 3-4 hours the first day.

If you seriously cannot get them out at all, and nothing CorpRec has recommended has worked, go to the emergency room.

ChooChooChooseMe

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2005
Originally posted by: aphex
Originally posted by: Brackis
Call me stupid, but are you sure they are still in? I'm not a contact wearer so I have nothing else to say.

Yea, i've done that before... Digging around in there for 10 minutes only to realize i took them out an hour ago :)

How can you NOT notice? I mean they are for your freaking vision! :p

TheLonelyPhoenix

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2004
Originally posted by: ChooChooChooseMe
Originally posted by: aphex
Originally posted by: Brackis
Call me stupid, but are you sure they are still in? I'm not a contact wearer so I have nothing else to say.

Yea, i've done that before... Digging around in there for 10 minutes only to realize i took them out an hour ago :)

How can you NOT notice? I mean they are for your freaking vision! :p

If a contact slips off your eye, it can go back above the lid, with the contact still in but off your pupil. Its uncommon, but it does happen from time to time.

Kevin1211

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by: BadNewsBears
Ok there is a tsunami of fluid in my eye right now, soaking.

and you are still posting here, why????

go to the ER..... unless you want to go blind...

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
Use lubricating and rewetting solution, and then it should unstick.

Your contact lenses are probably just really dry.

edit: rewetting solution works better than just water

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
I suggest WD40 either that or the emergency room. And it's THEY ARE not THERE.

NoToRiOuS1

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2004
GRAMMAR NAZI GALORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes we know you've [insert your country]'s finest..but leave these folks alone...if people are allowed to use PWNED then its ok if they fvck up and say there instead of they're when they're in a rush to type something...man oh man...

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: DnaJ
Originally posted by: djheater
Originally posted by: Transition
Try a lighter. :thumbsup:

I was thinking a razorblade and screwdriver would do it...

OMG HAHAHAHAHAH YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO FUNNY MAN LIKE SRSLAAAAAAH!!!1111one!!11shift+1

You typed more than me, yet my post count goes up just the same. I win.

BadNewsBears

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2000
There out, thanks the fkin lord. scotch tape saved the day. Actually the lens is still good, but not sure I will try this whole contact thing again.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
It does take some time to get used to.

Best advice I can give is if it isn't working give your eyes a break.

Go do something else for a while, then come back & try again. Being persistent only makes it worse.

Viper GTS

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
now go close your eyes for awhile. i know it hurts when you get them out after they're stuck.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BadNewsBears
There out, thanks the fkin lord. scotch tape saved the day. Actually the lens is still good, but not sure I will try this whole contact thing again.

I wonder why you had so much trouble with them. I've been wearing contacts for years and have never had such a problem. Now losing them for days on end on the inside of your eyelid, that's a different story.