Fires in Tucson

GimpTG

Jul 2, 2001
It's 106 degrees here in Tucson and besause some @#%^* bag either didn't know how to put a camp fire out correctly or liked to set fires, there is no place to go to escape this horrible heat. I'm sure most have heard about the Aspen fire and that it has burned through summer haven, the place where many residents spent their life savings in order to have a haven during the summer months. Not anymore! This was great place to escape the heat and the only good place in Tucson to fish in the summer, but it is not anymore and will not be for years to come, because of some idiot. And the people who lost cabins will most likely will have a hard time rebuilding as the cabins were built on federal land and to rebuild will have to get federal approval (good ol' red tape) and it will be near impossible to get any kind of a bank loan since they did not own the land the houses were built on.
On a lighter note it is warming to have seen the community here to put forth a lot of effort to help the firefighters and home owners, from donations to help the victims to donations of Gold Bond Medicated Powder to the firefighters (to keep their feet dry, care of The World Famous Frank Show).
Anyway the point of my rant was to se what opions Anandtech had for the punishment of whoever started this fire should be (in a perfect world).

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
How about anal impalement and a slow roast in Ron's rotisserie oven? Set it, and...

I don't usually care to think about how criminals should be punished. Humans are too impetuous.

alocurto

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 1999
best punishment is castration to them and all their relatives. KILL THE IDIOT GENE!

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Originally posted by: GimpTG
It's 106 degrees here in Tucson and besause some @#%^* bag either didn't know how to put a camp fire out correctly or liked to set fires, there is no place to go to escape this horrible heat. I'm sure most have heard about the Aspen fire and that it has burned through summer haven, the place where many residents spent their life savings in order to have a haven during the summer months. Not anymore! This was great place to escape the heat and the only good place in Tucson to fish in the summer, but it is not anymore and will not be for years to come, because of some idiot. And the people who lost cabins will most likely will have a hard time rebuilding as the cabins were built on federal land and to rebuild will have to get federal approval (good ol' red tape) and it will be near impossible to get any kind of a bank loan since they did not own the land the houses were built on.
On a lighter note it is warming to have seen the community here to put forth a lot of effort to help the firefighters and home owners, from donations to help the victims to donations of Gold Bond Medicated Powder to the firefighters (to keep their feet dry, care of The World Famous Frank Show).
Anyway the point of my rant was to se what opions Anandtech had for the punishment of whoever started this fire should be (in a perfect world).

Sure it was started by a person and not a natural event?