FireFox / Flash: Recently constantly problems with videos

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Watching YT videos etc....the video freezes most of the time..sometimes with and sometimes without the additional msg that "flash has crashed".

I am using Win7 64bit, latest FF and latest flash plugin.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
The first thing I would try to remove/reinstall the Flash add-on. If that doesn't work I would disable other add-ons and see if that fixes things.

If that still doesn't work, back up your bookmarks and do a fresh install of Firefox with a new account. That should definitely work, but would also involve the most work on your part.

Usually when an add-on has a problem, it is due to another one conflicting with it.

Also, are you using Adobe Flash to play flash in the browser, or something different?

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Hello,

sorry didn't update this. It seems it was a problem with the "FasterFox" plugin, when it's set to "custom" it seems to cause problems with streaming. I set it back one notch to "Turbo" and it solved the majority of freezes.

However, yesterday I still had Adobe flash (the plugin) crash a few times, there may still be situations where it's flaky.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Add-ons a great, but the quality just isn't quite there sometimes. Still, tried all the others and there is no browser I would rather use.

taq8ojh

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
I only switched to Firefox less than a week ago, but one thing I immediatelly noticed was Youtube (and in fact everything else) suddenly didn't suck donkey balls. No crashes at all, and even Flash behaved normally.
Maybe you should consider doing clean reinstall? Way too many version upgrades could cause settings to act up.