Firefox downloads vanish?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Has anyone experienced this? You start to download something, see the status arrow in the tool bar showing it's downloading, then at some point it just vanishes, and the file that was being downloaded is gone. It seems to be random since it does not always do it.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Never seen it. It's like it never existed; no failure message or anything?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yep pretty much. The entry of the download is gone, the file is gone, no error or anything, and it does not always do it. Usually the download will progress for a bit, but I've seen it where it just does it right away. Like I click the file to download, pick where I want to save it, hit save then nothing. But other times it will show that it's downloading but then just vanish.

ninaholic37

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2012
I had this happen in Chrome (version 51 is what they have on this machine apparently) when I was at the library. I was downloading music albums as zip, and 2 just ended like they actually worked but they didn't... because there was no more space on my USB stick, but Chrome didn't tell me anything. I didn't realize until I got home that those two weren't successful.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Hmmm wonder if I got some kind of network issue that broke the download, as I was downloading to a NFS share. You'd think it would give some kind of error or try again though.

I'm going to try to pay more attention now to see how often it really does it and if it's always the same/similar situations.