News Firefox 72 Released

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Looks like the security issue is more major than I thought:

===CVE-2019-17026: Zero-Day Vulnerability in Mozilla Firefox===
On 1/8, Mozilla released a security advisory about a vulnerability in the IonMonkey Just-In-Time JavaScript compiler. Although the CVE does not yet have a CVSS score, Mozilla is categorizing this vulnerability as critical. Specially-crafted code could exploit this vulnerability to read otherwise inaccessible locations in memory and code execution. Given that this vulnerability is in the JavaScript engine, this vulnerability can be exploited by a malicious webpage. Mozilla reports that attacks exploiting this vulnerability have been observed in the wild, so this is a 0-day.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
It's amazing how difficult it is to change web browsers nowadays. I'm trying to migrate from Chrome to Firefox, and so far I've ran into about a dozen web sites that think I'm an evil hacker and are challenging me with two factor authentication prompts when I log into their sites.

I don't understand the paranoia... it's not like I'm suddenly logging in from a different geographic location or even a different IP address.