News Firefox 70 Released

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Looks like a lot of good improvements in this version all around, particularly some great performance increases on the mac version!

Firefox update adds detailed tracking reports and password tools

Last edited:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Firefox is really getting nice. The tracker protection/reporting is a needed addition to web browsers. I already have it covered with addons, but it's good for people who just use a default browser and/or can't manage sometimes complicated addons.

Reactions: Insert_Nickname

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Yes I agree.. the tracking protection is a huge win for anyone who cares about how much companies are tracking online and it's going to make a big impact since it is enabled by default.

Also, just read this:

Mozilla: Cloudflare doesn't pay us for any DoH traffic

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Mozilla will automatically zap annoying notifications

Nov 20, 2009
I booted into Windows 7 Pro this afternoon to do my usual of checking email, shopping, banking, etc. When I launched FF70 (32-bit ESR) I immeidately got a message tab saying the following add-ons were no longer supported by FF52. It was reporting that Tampermonkey and Ublock had both been disabled because they were not supported by FF52. Okay, but the fact that I was using FF6x.x something and it just got upgraded to FF70 makes no sense to say the add-ons are not supported by version 52. This is the second time in as many years (maybe the same 12-month period) in which an update to FF led to add-ons not being supported.

Does anyone remember the fix the last time this happened? I now will use FFF even less in Windows because of this crap.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
I booted into Windows 7 Pro this afternoon to do my usual of checking email, shopping, banking, etc. When I launched FF70 (32-bit ESR) I immeidately got a message tab saying the following add-ons were no longer supported by FF52. It was reporting that Tampermonkey and Ublock had both been disabled because they were not supported by FF52. Okay, but the fact that I was using FF6x.x something and it just got upgraded to FF70 makes no sense to say the add-ons are not supported by version 52. This is the second time in as many years (maybe the same 12-month period) in which an update to FF led to add-ons not being supported.

Does anyone remember the fix the last time this happened? I now will use FFF even less in Windows because of this crap.

It sounds like to me, based upon your prior post and this one, that you have a corrupt Firefox profile. You might try to create a new one to see if that takes care of the problem.