Info Firefox 103 Released

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Overall I am pretty happy with Firefox these days although the design of the tabs could be better - it is sometimes difficult to see which one is open depending on the theme/color scheme that you are using. Not sure if that can be adjusted in about:config, etc?

103 seems a bit faster than 102 for me as well.

I like that they are adding security features lately:

"Your information now has increased protection from online tracking via Total Cookie Protection enabled by default. All third-party cookies are now isolated into partitioned storage.

Removed a configuration option to allow SHA-1 signatures in certificates: SHA-1 signatures in certificates—long since determined to no longer be secure enough—are now not supported."

So, I'd try it out and see if you can indeed can Chrome. You can always keep it around as backup I suppose.

What do you think, Chief? I'd LOVE to can Chrome.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
When customers ask which browser I would recommend, I don't provide much guidance except "not Edge", because of MS's strategies to railroad users into sticking with MS's preferences wrt search engine choice and home page for example.

Firefox is more customisable to the way I like a browser to look and work, and that's about it. I briefly switched to Chrome in the era when Chrome's multithreading support was way in front in Firefox's, but those days are over. I switched back when I felt that FF's multithreading support was ready.

IMO Firefox's greatest issue is when the devs get into deckchair-rearranging mode.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Thanks guys! I'll gladly give FF a turn, since MS is too grasping and woke and Google's contempt for their customers is obvious\disgusting.

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
The problem with Firefox, is a big one. Memory leak when watching Youtube. After an hour or so, I am using so much memory it just freezes up, when around 16gb of memory.

But I still use it, since Netscape navigator :)

Reactions: HardWarrior

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Does this still happen with you try on a different PC? I haven't seen this myself...

Have you tried using the developer edition btw?

The problem with Firefox, is a big one. Memory leak when watching Youtube. After an hour or so, I am using so much memory it just freezes up, when around 16gb of memory.

But I still use it, since Netscape navigator :)

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Does this still happen with you try on a different PC? I haven't seen this myself...

Have you tried using the developer edition btw?
Yes, it happens on my main Gaming PC, my Linux PC, my laptop, and my linux laptop. It's especially bad when you watch a stream.